PDA

View Full Version : Unrealistic

DDoftwo
06-26-2014, 10:32 PM
I need to know in others opinions, if i am being unrealistic about having almost all of our meals table service, we are there for 9 days 7 of which will be in the parks and want to take it slow. Also how worried should I be about getting the restaurants that we want with ADR from 12/25-1/2.We are aware it will be busy as can be. Any pointers from those that have been during that time.

All Star Music-99
Pop Century-03
Animal Kingdom-05
All Star Movies-09
All Star Movies-14 (Dec)

Pirate Granny
06-26-2014, 11:32 PM
You need to be booking those ADRs now, don't wait

cer
06-27-2014, 12:05 AM
You need to be aware, all table service meals is a whole lot of eating and time. It begins to feel like you are eating nonstop and spending your time traveling from ADR to ADR.

Some people do it and love it, but it is overkill for me.

Not saying you won't like it, but if you are not used to it, it can be a lot.

And I also agree, if you are in your window, you need to be making your ADR's. Do not delay. The time you are traveling is crazy busy.

DDoftwo
06-27-2014, 12:18 AM
Window begins on Saturday, so I plan on being up an hour early to get a jump on being logged in and what not. I know about the QS spots as we have some favorites. So many choices and tough calls to make. I am sure in the end it will all work out.

yankeesfan123
06-27-2014, 06:52 AM
It almost sounds like too much food. And way too much time.

DizneyRox
06-27-2014, 07:53 AM
That's a lot of time, eating... With everything to see at Xmas, I'd probably do maybe one per day. It's cooler, so the heat isn't killing your appetite, but still...

It would be comparable to a cruise IMHO. All the free food sounds too good to be true, but really by the third day, you realize you're mostly just travelling from meal to meal and you just don't want to do that anymore.

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-27-2014, 09:01 AM
We tried that on a trip a few years ago, and although it sounded great, it was way too much food and way too much time.

The trip became "let's see what we can do as we head to the next place to eat". I'd do one each day, and maybe a couple of days with two ... well spread apart!

Pirate Granny
06-27-2014, 09:32 AM
I'm now leaning towards booking late TS lunches as my best option...leaves the night free to explore instead of two hours and transportation to a restaurant! We'll see how this plays out for our December trip! I have two more ADRs to book. :mickey:

MargaretMessler
06-27-2014, 09:40 AM
Definitely. And it would take entirely too much time away from touring the parks. I would stick with one a day, maybe two a day some days, and never on back to back meals as you would more than likely be too full from the first to enjoy the next one.

buzznwoodysmom
06-27-2014, 09:44 AM
Our limit is 1 TS per day, usually for dinner. We find that by dinnertime we are looking forward to a long, relaxed meal.

The few times we have done 2 TS meals in one day, breakfast and dinner, we felt it was too much. Too much food, too much time, too much money. We like to enjoy our TS meals. We don't want to feel rushed through, so our TS meals typically take 1 1/2 - 2 hours. I can't imagine doing that 2-3 times per day, 7-9 days in a row. The whole trip would feel like one big feast. We would potentially be eating for 6 hours of our day.

I know several people (my real life friends and family- not talking about message board friends here) that have done the deluxe dining plan and planned 2-3 TS meals day. Every single one of them said it was too much, and none of them have done it again. The one good thing about the deluxe dining plan is if you plan to do mostly signature dining. Otherwise the trip sort of feels like it's only about the food.

AgentC
06-27-2014, 09:50 AM
I am going to go with the majority and say that is a lot of table service. It will definitely affect your time in the parks and other activities.

We usually do 1 table service a day sometime two. If we do two it tends to be breakfast and lunch so we don't have to feel like we are constantly running to a meal.

Hammer
06-27-2014, 10:49 AM
Most people on this board will tell you I'm a big fan of sit down meals, especially signature dinners. However, I will say that to do more than one of those kind of meals a day is too much. I say only 1 TS a day (especially if it is a signature or all you can eat dinner). If you want to do 2, then I suggest breakfast and dinner.

Of course, you know your family's vacation style the best.

DonaldDuckUSA
06-28-2014, 06:40 PM
A bit--If only because there are so many great undiscovered Quick Service, both at MK and Epcot, you'd be cheating yourself out of some great overlooked places. :mickey::secret:

I COMPLETELY agree. My traveling companions are foodies and we LOVE a good meal, but some of our most satisfying meals have been CS. We look forward to Columbia Harbor House every trip.

I agree with everyone saying it will also take a lot of time.

I find dining reservations to be clunky and sometimes we miss opportunities simply because if we don't get to a restaurant on time we will lose our reservations (and in some cases, your money). Now, we make one if we really want it, but we mostly try to go with the flow and dine during "off" times. Its made our trips more enjoyable.

I say pick out a few that you REALLY want and then go with the flow on other meals. Maybe only plan lunch or dinner for TS and not both?

Then again, you're staying for several days. ;-)

DDoftwo
06-28-2014, 07:19 PM
Thank you for all of the advice, Level heads prevailed and we are doing 2 per day. Mostly early breakfast and lat dinner. We looked at it and agreed 3 was way to much. I also got every ADR we wanted even BOG.

hauntedmansiongirl
06-29-2014, 03:10 PM
Congrats on getting every ADR you wanted! That is a feat in itself! Enjoy your trip! I hope you have some Signature restaurants in there! I'm assuming you're on deluxe dining plan!! :mickey:

VacationDisney
06-29-2014, 05:38 PM
Congrats on getting what you wanted:thumbsup:

We DO enjoy one TS meal a day. We like sitting down, after a busy day in the parks, and just relaxing and enjoying some great food. It does take some planning but, to us, it is worth it:number1:

So glad you got BOG...we got it as well on our upcoming trip. Enjoy!!!

DDoftwo
06-29-2014, 06:36 PM
yes we have a couple signatures. On a recommendation we are doing Artist Point on Christmas and then NYE will be our 2nd time at Le Cellir. Other than that it regular Table service. We just did not want to miss out on time in the parks wailing for food. Plus as stated earlier we would also miss out on some great QS like CHH.