PDA

View Full Version : I complained and I got...

Hog
06-26-2014, 06:28 PM
So during the purchasing of my annual passes I had alot of questions and I called the Disney AP Line 3 times and spoke to 3 different Cast Members. One of my questions was "would I be able to order magic bands once I placed my order for AP". 2 of the 3 Cast Members told me that I would be able to place an order as soon as I purchased them. I clarified by asking if I would need to "activate" them at the gates first, and they told me no. They also Suggested that I use the pick up at will call option since I was leaving in less than 30 days.

So after I ordered my APs I went and tried to order the Magic Bands and to my surprise I couldn't, after calling back I found out I couldn't get them until I used my APs one time at the park. I wrote an email complaining and asking for them to atleast send me the generic Magic Bands they sell for $12.99 at the Park for the misinformation I got. They called me this morning and told me they couldn't give me the magic bands but would give me a 4th FP for all the days on my upcoming trip. This is cool but not what I wanted. The CM was very apologetic but thats about it.

I just don't understand how they can't give AP holder Magic Bands until after their first trip. This makes no sense to me can't they just sent unissued Magic Bands that you can connect to your AP when you get to the park?

Also the 2 CMs told me to get the APs sent to will call. But I wish I would have had them sent to my home, because now I either have to pay to park my first day at the parks or take a detour to DtD to pick up my APs so I can get free parking at the park.

As this being my first experience with APs it was a learning experience, but I am not happy and wish I would have done things differently.

Thanks for listening to my rant...

VWL Mom
06-26-2014, 07:09 PM
I recently read somewhere that for parking, get a receipt and when you pick up your pass they ail reimburse you. It was somewhere on the WDW site but I can't find it right now.

Hog
06-26-2014, 07:39 PM
I asked a few cast members about this one the phone and on the online help chat. I got different answers from multiple CMs. This seems to be the common theme. But the majority said you can't be reimbursed.

DizneyRox
06-26-2014, 07:43 PM
Interesting that they already have in place a mechanism to provide additional FPs for situations.

I wonder how much they plan to sell them for?

yankeesfan123
06-26-2014, 08:18 PM
Interesting that they already have in place a mechanism to provide additional FPs for situations.

I wonder how much they plan to sell them for?

They always did the same thing with the old system and that never turned into selling them.

DizneyRox
06-27-2014, 12:13 AM
They always did the same thing with the old system and that never turned into selling them.
Not with the ability to prepare like they can with the current system. Unless I'm reading this wrong. Seems like they will be able to book 4 per day, linked to the reservation.

No reason to think they won't/can't tie this to the level of hotel tied to the reservation, etc. The old system was paper, it needed intervention. This could be done systematically. I see it as a huge difference...

yankeesfan123
06-27-2014, 07:00 AM
Not with the ability to prepare like they can with the current system. Unless I'm reading this wrong. Seems like they will be able to book 4 per day, linked to the reservation.

No reason to think they won't/can't tie this to the level of hotel tied to the reservation, etc. The old system was paper, it needed intervention. This could be done systematically. I see it as a huge difference...

The only intervention the old system needed was a CM at check in (or guest relations) handing extra, open ended fast passes to the guests.

I had to complain about an experience almost ten years ago. What did I get? A fast pass that could be used anywhere at any time.

Of course they can tie this in to hotel reservations or make people pay for extra. However, there are reasons to think they won't. First, Disney made them available to off site guests. They easily could've charged for that. Second, Disney never charged for the old system, which is fundamentally the same program, so what would make anyone think they would start charging now? They could have charged to have the ability to have fast passes at the same time, an unlimited fast pass, etc. but they never did.

Disney Goof
06-27-2014, 09:58 AM
I totally see Disney "Adding" FP to an account based on many different things:

Valued repeat guest, your location (a surprise FP shows up), crowd control (if they give you a FP at a different park that is less crowded), etc

That could be fun.

:mickey:

CaptSmee
06-27-2014, 10:24 AM

It is a huge difference. They can do what they want with it just by accessing your account.

minnie04
06-27-2014, 12:03 PM
Too bad you didn’t order your AP tickets online. This way you get a number for the ticket and you can scan it on MDE and order your bands. That’s what I did. Do they not let you anymore?

Great now everyone will start complaining more just to get the extra FP... Just like before when people would get upset that a ride would break down (for a few minutes) and be all dramatic :angry: about it and get something for free. I have heard people in lines before telling other guest how to go about doing it. I just had to shake my head. :shake:

"Hog" I’m not saying in any way that is what you did to get your extra pass. I’m just saying once it gets out there people will start doing it more. It’s gotten so sad that people will stoop to whatever it takes to get something for nothing.

Hog
06-27-2014, 02:25 PM
Too bad you didn’t order your AP tickets online. This way you get a number for the ticket and you can scan it on MDE and order your bands. That’s what I did. Do they not let you anymore?

I was told that the only way to get the bands is to activate them at the gate. Thus activating the 1 year period in which you have to use your APs. After your first use you can order the magic bands. For us we wont be able to use them until our October trip.

To be honest I was complaining because I thought they needed to retrain their cast members so no one else gets misinformation like I did. If I had a choice I would take the magic bands over the 5 days of extra fast passes. Yes I got them for each day of my upcoming trip I had already made FP+ reservations for.

Imalismom
07-02-2014, 09:36 AM
Hog - just sent you a PM... that might help your situation.....