PDA

View Full Version : Universal Hotel Expansion

DizneyFreak2002
06-26-2014, 01:12 PM
Remember when I posted the "rumor" about hotel 5 and Universal breaking ground by the end of this year on the new hotel?

Documents were filed yesterday with the Orange County Comptroller... These documents lay out a plan for hotel expansion for Universal... Coming are hotels 5, 6, and 7...

Hotel 5 will consist of about 1,000 rooms, and convention space... Hotel 6 will either be abrand new, 400 room hotel, unless Universal decides to expand Cabana Bay... If they decide to expand Cabana Bay, then the plans for hotel #6 becomes the Cabana Bay expansion... The plans for hotel 7 show only 400 rooms as well, but very little other information...

OK, so hotel 5 is coming first... The hotel was thought to be an expansion of Royal Pacific, but the documents state a tad differently... Hotel 5 will be more of a "sister" hotel to Royal Pacific, but not an expansion of the resort... Express pass is rumored to NOT be included in the 5th hotel... And may be priced between Royal Pacific and Cabana Bay... Looks as if hotel 5 will have water taxi access to the theme parks, as well as buses...

I guess we can call hotel 5 Universal's moderate resort since Cabana Bay is value and Royal Pacific is deluxe, and this one will be price between the two...

No real information on theme, though, as a sister hotel, the theme may wind up similar... No themes as to what hotels 6 and 7 would be (6 could wind up, as stated above, a Cabana Bay resort expansion instead)...

Crow
06-26-2014, 10:45 PM
the reason I stayed at Royal Pacific was for the Express Pass...the hotel and the pass were nice

MNNHFLTX
06-26-2014, 11:08 PM
I can totally see a Cabana Bay expansion--the land is there. That would be my bet for one of the hotels.

DizneyFreak2002
06-27-2014, 02:04 PM
I can totally see a Cabana Bay expansion--the land is there. That would be my bet for one of the hotels.
That would be my guess as well, especially since some of the rumors are Cabana Bay expanding as they start construction on the water park right next door...

And I have a feeling hotel 7 will be just like hotel 5, either an expansion of one of the deluxe resorts, or a sister resort to one of the deluxe resorts...