PDA

View Full Version : World Showcase

DDoftwo
06-25-2014, 11:43 PM
While we have tried most World Showcase Restaurants, the two we always say we will try are Biergarten and San Angel Inn. I have our plans set and will make the reservations Saturday. So we have one lunch spot open and it comes down to these two. Looking for some help in picking. It will be me, DW, DD (10) and DS (4)

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-26-2014, 08:33 AM
I haven't eaten at all in WS but I have eaten at both of these. For me, I would choose Biergarten...both have a lovely atmosphere, I just think food and service was better at Biergarten.

faline
06-26-2014, 08:41 AM
And I'll go the opposite way...Of the two, I would select San Angel Inn. I've eaten at Biergarten a couple of times. The show is really nice. I think it could be more fun if you are seated with tablemates who are friendly and engaged (Our tablemates ignored us). I thought the food was okay but was not overly impressed.

On the other hand, I know that San Angel Inn often gets panned by others who have complained about both the food and service. Personally, we've always had good service at this location and have always liked the food plus the atmosphere is wonderful. Sitting along the rail by the water is nice but can be annoying - the last time we were seated here, we were repeatedly struck by camera flashes as folks floating by were taking flash pictures of the restaurant.

ANG
06-26-2014, 09:32 AM
We've done both and personally, I would eat in Germany. We've done Mexico three times, and each time the food got worse for us. They were also the ONLY restaurant on WDW property that gave us a hard time about food allergies.

SBETigg
06-26-2014, 09:51 AM
With a four year old, I would go with Biergarten. The food is okay, not fantastic, but there's a lot to choose at a buffet. You're seated with others, true, but the Oompah band is a big draw for little ones who can get up and dance and run around.

San Angel Inn, on the other hand, will probably be a better choice for a slightly older child, who can sit and appreciate the atmosphere without the urge to get up and explore. If there are more Disney trips in your future, maybe choose Biergarten now and San Angel later. Though I do prefer San Angel Inn over Biergarten if it really was one or the other with no future consideration.

DDoftwo
06-26-2014, 10:19 AM
Thanks for the input everyone, I always have to sit down and take a breath when making these reservations. We want to do it all and want to do it now. I have a good idea of which one we will choose.

Tinky-Bell
06-26-2014, 03:09 PM
I guess it depends what kind of food your family enjoys. I ate at Biergarten once, and wouldn't go again. I just don't like German food.

On the other hand, I've eaten at San Angel Inn a number of times. I found both the food and the service are very good, and the ambiance is excellent.

Just my opinion, of course.

PETE FROM NYC
06-26-2014, 05:48 PM
I don't like Mexican food.
But, Biergarten is a must do for us. Never did the lunch, always the dinner. Love my sauerbraten, which is not available at lunch. The show is good too.

MargaretMessler
06-26-2014, 08:16 PM
I can only speak for Biergarten, but I though it was really good. A variety of different foods on the buffet and the show is fun. Service was also good and the waitress even stopped and chatted with us a couple times (of course, that would be dependent on how busy it is I guess)

Crow
06-26-2014, 10:33 PM
San ANgel...atmosphere is the best. and the food is better.

EpcotFan182
06-29-2014, 01:00 AM
I would choose Biergarten; the food is good and they put on a good show. Yes you will be seated with others but I always found that a plus - if you're lucky you'll strike up a conversation with them and it'll add to the experience. I think the San Angel Inn is a nice place, but it's my opinion that the food, service, and atmosphere pale in comparison to Biergarten.

lawgirl
06-29-2014, 06:31 PM
I love San Angel Inn. We've always had good service and good food, and my kids -4 and 2- love the "volcano" restaurant. They think it's so cool.

As for Biergarten, for me personally the food was heavy, esp for lunch. It was fun, and really cool inside, but I can imagine if you get stuck with unpleasant table mates, that the experience would be ruined. Ours were very nice the time we went, but I worried about it alot before we sat down.

MouseHouser
08-26-2014, 09:36 AM
Vote for San Angel here. Love the atmosphere, and happen to be a big fan of Mexican food.