PDA

View Full Version : Fairy Tale Hall

pox24
06-25-2014, 07:54 AM
We are making a last minute drive up next month. We got a Fast Pass for Cinderella. The Frozen characters were stand by only. If we go at park opening would we have a good chance of seeing the characters from Frozen without waiting in line forever.

faline
06-25-2014, 08:04 AM
Those characters are so popular, I would suspect the stand-by line, even at opening, will be quite lengthy. I've heard of stand-by waits of 3-4 hours!! Yikes!!

pox24
06-25-2014, 08:07 AM
If you go right there at the rope drop its still 3 hrs. How can that be.

Strmchsr
06-25-2014, 08:56 AM
If you go right there at the rope drop its still 3 hrs. How can that be.

Well, if you're first in line it's not 3 hours. The problem is that everyone seems to be running right for the Frozen characters since the waits are so long. One of our Intercot folks posted a pic 5 min after opening last week that said 180 min. Regardless of actual wait, the line gets very long very fast.

Arielfan98
06-25-2014, 10:50 AM
One recommendation I found for meeting the Frozen sisters is to make breakfast reservations at Akershus in Norway and have one member from your party wait outside the que line to meet the sisters. I heard that even if you make a run for it the line will still be approx 1.5 hours wait by the time you get there.

cer
06-25-2014, 12:02 PM
How would that help if they're in MK, though? :confused:
(Or is the line that long?)

;)

rjmdds
06-25-2014, 12:34 PM
Going to see them at park closing is probably the best best if FP is not available. By late in the evening, the wait should be less. It will still be long, but not 3 hours.

ANG
06-25-2014, 01:04 PM
How would that help if they're in MK, though? :confused:
(Or is the line that long?)

They are no longer at Epcot.

IloveJack
06-25-2014, 03:25 PM
The line begins before park opening. If you want to be near the front, you'd better get there way before rope drop. I never saw it at less than 180 mins when we were there 2 weeks ago.

Pirate Granny
06-25-2014, 07:27 PM
We had to get our FP+ two at a time! rather than ten at once....they were very quick and not very talkative and although there were ten of us but only four kids, they still didn't want to take separate pictures ? looking back I should've insisted..WTH...we could of individually asked for ten pictures....oh well at least they did get to see them

IloveJack
06-25-2014, 09:23 PM
We had to get our FP+ two at a time! rather than ten at once....they were very quick and not very talkative and although there were ten of us but only four kids, they still didn't want to take separate pictures ? looking back I should've insisted..WTH...we could of individually asked for ten pictures....oh well at least they did get to see them

Wow! This is the complete opposite of our experience. We had 7, and 3 kids, and they took picture after picture after picture. We wound up with close to 20 PP pictures. They spent time talking to the kids, signing their books, teaching ODD to make ice, and playing with DS (who was just learning to walk).
So sorry to hear this!

savafan
06-26-2014, 12:38 AM
We were at Epcot last November before Frozen premiered in the theaters, and Ana and Elsa were brand new to Epcot. We passed by where they were in Norway, and wanted our son to go and see them. He had one of his meltdown episodes, and refused to go. The line at that time was very short, appeared to be less than 20 minutes. Now, having seen the movie, I'm sure he would have waited 3 times as long (though maybe not, his ADHD isn't good for patience). Still, one of our biggest regrets from the last trip.

Question: Are Ana and Elsa available in MK during extra magic hours? If so, is the wait time less at that point, or same as during regular hours?

SurferStitch
06-26-2014, 12:13 PM
I could see why they don't want to do multiple individual pictures, and I'm glad.

Imagine if every 3,4,5,6+ kid group had a group shot, then individually, then with parents, then these two kids (I've see it)... The lines would be even more ridiculous than they already are!

If kids travel as a group, they can get pictures as a group... Especially with characters that have SO many guests wanting to meet them. It's only fair.

VWL Mom
06-26-2014, 05:46 PM
The line begins before park opening.

I'm guessing that's people that have early morning Crystal Palace reservations :confused:

mydisneygirls
06-27-2014, 08:41 AM
For our trip in August, I was able to get a FP. My girls are older and we generally don't do character meets, but they love the movie so I thought what the hay. Does anyone know how long you have to wait with a FP? Really don't want to stand in line for 2 hours. If that's the case, we'll skip it.

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-30-2014, 10:23 AM
I have friend who just got back, and with their FP+ they said it was about 15 minutes. Phew! That's much better than a couple of hours. :thumbsup:

Sci Fi Dine In Fan
07-01-2014, 12:17 AM
We just got back.
With FP, we waited maybe ten minutes to see Anna and Elsa. Honestly, we were at the MK a couple of days and every time we passed by I made a point of looking at the wait times.

I never saw it over 90 minutes and the park was very crowded. I was a little surprised because we had been reading here about the crazy wait times.

Maybe the recent change to splitting the Anna and Elsa into two areas (about 10 feet apart in the room) has had some effect, although I don't know what. We never felt rushed and both characters talked until we were ready to move on.

pox24
07-16-2014, 12:37 PM
We went Saturday and only waited 15 minutes.