PDA

View Full Version : Bus from AK to DD??

andypooh
06-24-2014, 10:42 PM
Is there a bus that goes directly from AK to downtown disney?

Thanks

DizneyRox
06-24-2014, 11:21 PM
They used to, then they stopped, then they did some trials and I don't know if he current status. I don't think they ever did DTD to AK, only the way you are asking.

It's easy enough to get on a SSR bus and walk/boat over though...

mickeyman42
06-25-2014, 05:44 AM
We took the bus from AK to DTD last September, not sure if they still do this or not, but either way I wouldn't recommend it unless you're going to the westside of DTD. It took a while to get to DTD and then since it only drops you off at the westside, it was a loooooong walk all the way to the marketplace. it was even a long walk to the boat launch at westside from where we were dropped off. we hopped on the boat from one part of the westside over to the marketplace, and this took even longer than what walking would have, but it game our feet a rest.

overall, it would have been easier to catch a bus over to one of the resorts and then get on a bus to the DTD marketplace than getting on the direct bus to DTD from AK.

sassafras
06-25-2014, 07:30 AM
If you catch the bus to SSR, you can pick up a DTD bus there. Congress Park is the last stop before they head to DTD,it only take about 3 minutes to get there, and that bus drops at the Marketplace (unless it's under construction).

Hog
06-25-2014, 12:22 PM
In June 2013 we were at Epcot and decided to head over to DTD for a little. It was mid afternoon so we just walked over to the Swan/Dolphin bus stop and figured we would grab a bus real quick to DTD. Well it wasn't so quick it took about 45 minutes for the bus to show up. I am not sure if they run less buses during the day to DTD or what but that was a terrible wait.