PDA

View Full Version : Cab from MCO to Epcot area resorts..

Mitzie
06-24-2014, 06:43 PM
What kind of cost would we be looking at for a cab for two adults with a suitcase or two at about 10 at night?

faline
06-24-2014, 07:46 PM
You might find a town car service like Quicksilver to be a more comfortable solution for about the same cost. You might try looking up orlando taxifarefinder to get an estimate on taxi service. Personally, I'd use Quicksilver.

DizneyRox
06-24-2014, 08:06 PM
Don't forget to include the Swan/Dolphin resort fee into the cost of staying there when comparing prices.

I think know you'll find ME to be a much cheaper alternative than anything else. Convenience wise, it's going to be staying at your main resort choice, no transferring around.

That taxi site estimates in the $60 range one way.

Mitzie
06-25-2014, 07:54 AM
We agree it would be more convenient to just head to YC the night we arrive but the cost difference is pretty good from a LM room at AOA to YC. With it being just DH and I moving from AOA that next morning to YC shouldn't be too bad...AK park opens at 8 so we were just going to get on a bus to AK bright and early and then jump a bus to YC and let bell service move the luggage.

DizneyRox
06-25-2014, 11:15 AM
On a late arrival, we would normally stay at the airport. We've had good luck with the airport Marriott. It's like the first hotel off the airport to the north, they offer free transportation and there's a few restaurants within walking distance.

We have been doing cruises the past few years, just head to the airport for the transfers the next day and do the same at the end of the cruise. Has worked out well.

Transferring from Disney hotel to Disney hotel isn't really that bad. We've never had an issue, but it does consume a little time. If you need to be somewhere at 8am, I'd see about dropping the luggage off at bell services the night before. Never know what kind of lines you're going to have in the AM, especially at AoA. Just hop on a bus to your destination and head back to YC at your earliest inconvenience. Probably an afternoon break would be a good time.

BriarRose0708
06-25-2014, 11:58 AM
It cost about $70 with tip to take a cab for my sister and I (2 adults with luggage) from Boardwalk to MCO. Go with Quicksilver, you'll actually save money and be more comfortable!

SBETigg
06-25-2014, 12:06 PM
It cost about $70 with tip to take a cab for my sister and I (2 adults with luggage) from Boardwalk to MCO. Go with Quicksilver, you'll actually save money and be more comfortable!

I agree with Nikki on this. Quicksilver will greet you in the baggage area, help you get your bags, and whisk you right to the parking garage and off, for the same price as taking a cab with better cars/better service. They're a sponsor, so you can just find their site in the sidebar and make arrangements.