PDA

View Full Version : A little early, but......Flower and Garden

PopPhan
06-24-2014, 09:50 AM
I am thinking about heading down for the Flower and Garden festival next year and would like input from my fellow INTERCOTees on when would be a good time to go during this event.

Not just for crowds, but for the best assortment of foliage/color during that time. I would think that early in the festival some of the plants would not be in full bloom, and late in the festival a lot of the plants would lose some of their color....It's just the nature of plant materials.

Thanks!!

SBETigg
06-24-2014, 10:03 AM
I've been early and late during the Flower and Garden and didn't really notice any difference in foliage. It was pretty spectacular at all times, probably because Disney takes such care in presentation (or maybe I'm not that observant).

Instead of worrying about foliage, I would check for the date of Easter and try to stay two weeks ahead of or behind it. Easter crowds are big. And weekends at the F & G are more crowded. They have booths like the F & W now, though not as many of them. It adds to the fun, but also to the crowds (though not nearly comparable to F & W weekend crowds except during Easter time).

MargaretMessler
06-24-2014, 08:16 PM
We were there for the last weekend of the F&G last spring, there were a few things that seemed like they were on their last legs. Not dead (and still really cool), but maybe just a wee bit tired.

As the PP said, easter is key. We were going again during F&G next year, and since easter is early April, we are going with the last few days of April through the first week of May.

faline
06-24-2014, 08:31 PM
We were there in early May and, while we found it busier than usual for this time of year, we find this an excellent time of year to visit.

PopPhan
06-25-2014, 01:12 PM
Thank you all! I will take this into account when I decide to make my plans.