PDA

View Full Version : Luggage and ME

Mitzie
06-23-2014, 12:11 PM
We are planning to stay at YC in October. We are flying in late the night before and thinking to stay at AOA that first night. Can we have ME just deliver our luggage to YC the next day? We were wanting to take a carry on with us into AOA for the night. Bright and early we were going over to YC to check in and get tickets and dining and things..

DizneyRox
06-23-2014, 03:42 PM
The resort that's printed on the luggage tags is where they will deliver the luggage. If the bus takes you to AoA, that's where your luggage will go. When arriving late, I think they suggest you grab your bags and give them to your bus driver.

You can call bell services at AoA and have them transfer your bags to YC.

faline
06-23-2014, 05:26 PM
If you flight arrives after 10 p.m., you need to pick up your luggage at the airport and bring it with you. Otherwise, it will be delivered to the resort you stay at first. When I've done a split stay, I've just gotten a taxi from one resort to the next and taken my luggage with me - while Disney will transfer your luggage, the transfer may not occur until later in the day.

Pirate Granny
06-23-2014, 08:45 PM
Stay at the airport and come in early to the YC the next day by ME.

MargaretMessler
06-23-2014, 09:07 PM
Honestly, if you literally just need a place to crash for the night before heading over to the YC, you might do better budget wise staying off site. You would have to do the math in regards to a shuttle from the airport and taxi cost the next morning. But you can still use ME for your departure even if you don't use it for your arrival.

As others have said, late arrivals you are required to retrieve your own luggage to bring on the bus with you.

DizneyRox
06-23-2014, 11:20 PM
You can still use ME from the airport to Disney the day after you land. You still need to take your luggage with you.

That's what I'd do. Stay at the airport or near at a hotel that offers complimentary transfers. Enjoy the night, head back to the airport the next morning and take ME.

Mitzie
06-24-2014, 09:39 AM
Our flight is in by 9:30. We looked at staying at the airport and it was about 260.00. We just thought we would like to get all the traveling done that night from the airport. We are wanting to hit Epcot pretty early that next morning and thought it easier to get onto Disney property the night before. We just didn't want to pay for that night at YC plus pay for the extra dining credits so we were leaning towards AOA. Since it is just DH and I we were just going to give the luggage to bell service at AOA and let them move it to YC. We won't need it till later the next day. Any ideas if our flight comes in at 9:30 what time our luggage would arrive to our room at AOA?

TheHD
06-24-2014, 10:15 PM
I think luggage usually takes about 3-4 hours to arrive in your room. I would plan on grabbing them yourself and taking it to the bus. That's what I'll be doing on our upcoming trip, but I get in around 11pm. I wouldn't want the bell services knocking on your door at 1-2am.

We are doing the similar thing. We are DVC, but since we get in late, we decided to spend OOP at All-Stars Sports instead of wasting points at Boardwalk for simply crashing then waking up early for rope drop. We'll have bell services transfer our bags to the Boardwalk in the morning before catching the bus.