PDA

View Full Version : Ice Cream at Poly

eandrsmom
06-22-2014, 10:58 PM
Now that Captain Cook's has been relocated to a temporary location, I'm wondering if there will be anyplace to get ice cream at the resort. We like to get Dole Whips and watch the fireworks from the beach. I know that the Dole Whip machine wasn't relocated, but are they offering something else at the temporary location. A Mickey Bar would make my kiddos happy.

Pirate Granny
06-23-2014, 08:09 AM
Beach area is 2/3 blocked by new construction...get there early

SBETigg
06-23-2014, 08:57 AM
Captain Cook's is open at a temporary location and I'm sure you can find something for them there. They didn't have the Dole Whip/ice cream when the temp location opened, but I had heard that they planned to add the Dole Whip/ice cream back soon, if not already, unless that was just a rumor... so I don't know. But the GF has soft serve and a great place to watch Wishes, too, so you could always move the viewing party over there.

eandrsmom
06-23-2014, 09:21 PM
Is the beach really 2/3 blocked? I called the resort, and the CM told me that it was only the section by the construction that was blocked. I'm hoping that the beach area on the other side of the boat dock near Fiji isn't too crowded.