PDA

View Full Version : Dining favorites

nicholsbears
06-21-2014, 09:07 PM
:goofy:
I know how generous "Disneyites" are in sharing their experiences and opinions, so : what are some of your recommendations for dining (nothing fancy). We have a character breakfast booked at Crystal Palace. We were thinking about trying the 50's Primetime Cafe (Studios). Has anyone done the Rainforest Cafe at AK ( I heard it's very noisy) ?
Thanks.

Hog
06-21-2014, 09:23 PM
50s Prime time is fun, especially if you get a good server who plays up the act. Rain forest is a cool atmosphere, but I feel you can get the experience by just walking through. It is noisy and the food is just average.

My favorite character breakfast is 1900 Park Fare @ GF. They have the best characters imho Alice and Mad Hatter (the only place on property I know of to see him). But my DD LOVES Alice in Wonderland.

Imalismom
06-22-2014, 09:58 AM
I'm going to pop this over to dining - you might get more exposure to your question over there....

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-22-2014, 11:09 AM
Ohanas

ANG
06-25-2014, 09:33 AM
If you are looking for a sit down in HS, we much rather prefer Mama Melrose. Not that our experience with Prime Time café were bad, but it was nothing special for us. Mama's has great Italian!

Sci Fi Dine In Fan
07-01-2014, 12:24 AM
Yak and Yeti at AK has become our recent favorite.

natedog24
07-02-2014, 03:52 PM
Boma is my favorite restaurant on property. So good!
The usual favorites are my typical go tos: Ohana, & Le Cellier.

50's Prime Time is usually a staple for us, but this upcoming trip is the first time in about 15 years that we chose Mama Melrose instead. Nothing against 50's, but we're looking for a change.

Capt_redshirt
07-05-2014, 12:44 AM
All rainforest cafes are loud it doesn't matter the location. For AK i love Yak and Yeti. I visit there every trip with out fail. In hollywood studio, i like the sci fi drive in.

merciantinkerbell
07-05-2014, 11:13 AM
Flame Tree BBQ in AK was rather yummy. Very nice covered seating area too

Arielfan98
07-05-2014, 01:04 PM
My family loves Rose and Crown Pub in the UK part of World Showcase. Their menu is delicious featuring fish and chips, steak, bangers and mash, and shepherd's pie. I'd recommend getting a side of bubble and squeak (fried vegetables) and mushy peas (mushed peas like mashed potatoes would be). So yummy and the menu is modestly priced and is only 1 dining credit if you have the TS dining plan.
Also, if you reserve a dinner slot there, be sure to ask your server if you can see Illuminations. Rose and Crown has a special viewing area and if you sit outside you can watch it while eating.
Good luck :thumbsup:

Tinkerbella16
07-06-2014, 08:43 AM
Great choice with Crystal Palace- my favorite breakfast buffet!

We love Hoop Dee Doo Revue- such a fun show with great food! We like the relaxed atmosphere and great food at The Plaza Restaurant. We also love Teppan Edo. I have been to Rainforest Cafe and I just like the atmosphere.. it wasn't anything special besides that. Raglan Road in DTD is a favorite of mine! Garden Grill is awesome and some of the best character interaction in wdw. :mickey:

We have some new ADR's this trip... Via Napoli and I hear great reviews. We are having breakfast at the Grand Floridian Cafe and that one is new for us. We are very excited.