PDA

View Full Version : How bad is Poly right now?

eandrsmom
06-21-2014, 09:33 AM
I've been trying to keep up with all of the Poly updates on various sites. We are heading that way in less than a week. I am expecting a lot of construction, but hoping that we are assigned to a longhouse away from the construction area. Has anyone been there in the last week or so? The main reason we've chosen to stay during construction is that we got a great rate, the pool is still open, and because of the July Fourth holiday. It is a birthday surprise trip for my DS, and I wanted to avoid the BTG at the moderates and values when we used the pool and CS restaurant. We also wanted to watch the fireworks from the beach to avoid some of the holiday crowds. This isn't our first stay at Poly, so I'm not going to be too disappointed in the lobby being under construction or Captain Cooks being relocated. I think that knowing what is actually happening at the resort will prepare me for what to expect. I'm expecting it to be bad, and hoping that I am pleasantly surprised.

SBETigg
06-21-2014, 10:44 AM
I was just reading an update on a blog. Construction walls are up and prevalent in the GCH but Tambu Lounge and 'Ohana and Kona are all open. Looks like the view is not so great from Kona right now. The pool is open until July 26th but I'm not sure about the fireworks view from the beach. Those cabins take up a lot more waterfront than I thought they would and I'm not sure the view from the beach will ever be a really big draw again. But maybe it just looks bad in pictures. I'm hoping.

Kanga-Roo
06-21-2014, 06:41 PM
We visited there for a meal at Ohana recently and while there was not such a wide area to watch the fireworks from it was still possible. It was quite crowded because the film was showing at the same time but there was still viewing room. It was a little chaotic in the foyer area because of the boarding but it certainly did not spoil things for us.