PDA

View Full Version : standing scooters

DunkinNut
06-21-2014, 12:22 AM
I was just researching and found that there is such a thing as a "Standing Scooter" or SECV. I had NO idea.... Has anyone here used one and are they allowed in the parks. It's like (loosely similar) a tiny segway and has an optional attachable seat... That might be must what I need...

Goofy4TheWorld
06-21-2014, 12:40 PM
Well, Disney was taken all the way to the US Supreme Court over Segway use, and Disney fought for- and won- the right to prevent Segway use inside the parks, so I would speculate that anything close to a Segway would be disallowed. But that's just my speculation, I am not familiar with the scooter you are referring too.

VWL Mom
06-21-2014, 05:23 PM
With all the back and forth in the courts I wasn't sure where this actually ended up. What I have been able to find on various boards was that in May of 2013 Disney began offering a 4 wheel standing ESV for $50 per day on a reserve basis. It is currently not being advertised by Disney and I couldn't find anything on the site. It appears they are still not allowing the 2 wheel kind.

I suggest you contact Services for Guests with Disabilities at 407-824-5217 for more information if you're interested.

DunkinNut
06-22-2014, 12:33 AM
Thank you so much!