PDA

View Full Version : Renting A Scooter/Parking, Misc

DunkinNut
06-20-2014, 11:45 PM
We will be back at Uncle Walt's in 2 weeks! My daughter is in the DCP and we live in Atlanta so we will be going down once a month (ish) to visit! yayayayayay

I have had to rent mobility scooters for about 4 years now when we visit becuase for a variety of reasons I won't bore you with - I just can't make it walking all day. I got a tip on Intercot years ago to try Apple Scooter and I have ALWAYS been so pleased with them....but I digress.

We will stay at The Dolphin/Swan becuase it seems to fit our needs the most because I can EASILY get my scooter on the boat to 2 of the parks! Epcot/HS. When we go to MK - it's a it more challenging with the buses and I've had 2 drivers be VERY rude to me on 2 occasions. I just do NOT look forward to loading/unloading for that reason. I am wondering if there is a "work around" to get to MK and AK. Can I PAY to park at any of the MK resorts (like an all day pass) so that I can just get on the monorail? When we have eaten dinner there - we were told there was a 3 hour max for parking....but I'd happily pay $20/day to leave my car there so I can just scoot over or get on the monorail. Thoughts? I do not have a Handicap parking pass as I have not (yet) been declared permanently disabled (thought we are headed that way).

My other question is about scooter rentals....I love Apple. SUCH great people! But I read in another thread that Disney is limiting the companies that can drop off scooters at the parks? WHAT? Please say Apple is "approved". Generally I have Apple deliver to my resort and pick up at the end of my stay....

TIA:mickey::mickey::mickey:

Strmchsr
06-21-2014, 08:14 AM
Apple is still one of the approved companies so you're good to go.

As for parking, you can use the valet parking at the MK resorts (which costs about the same as parking in the regular lot). That eliminates the 3 hour limit like the regular parking. You can also park at the TTC. For DAK the handicapped parking is pretty close to the entrance. You could easily use that.

DunkinNut
06-21-2014, 10:44 AM
Do you happen to know how much valet is at the MK resorts? (I'm being lazy!) LOL That sounds like the perfect fit for us...I hate to take it apart & put together, but so be it. Rather do that then deal with loading on/off bus. :mickey:

Strmchsr
06-21-2014, 05:27 PM
I think (but not 100% sure) that valet parking is $15 (plus you generally tip the person who goes to get your car). It's close to that if that's not it.

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-21-2014, 06:00 PM
The TTC is a good option for MK. It is a bit of a walk from the parking lot to the TTC, but once there you have the option of the monorail or the ferry, both of which can accommodate the scooter without any issues. In fact, my Mom much preferred the ferry, it was just drive on, drive off with no issues at all.

Pirate Granny
06-21-2014, 06:18 PM
Careful, most guards will not let you in during summer months unless you have a dining reservations..and they have a clip board with the names of the reservations. Handicapped at TTC is a better option.

Strmchsr
06-22-2014, 08:04 AM
Careful, most guards will not let you in during summer months unless you have a dining reservations..and they have a clip board with the names of the reservations. Handicapped at TTC is a better option.

Good point. I wasn't thinking about summer since I rarely ever go then. They are much more strict about parking during the summer, even with valet, due to limited capacity.

VWL Mom
06-22-2014, 08:12 AM
I think (but not 100% sure) that valet parking is $15 (plus you generally tip the person who goes to get your car). It's close to that if that's not it.

Effective March 31 the valet rate is now $20.

Strmchsr
06-23-2014, 09:47 AM
What about Scooter Vacations/ScootOrlando? Any good reviews from that site, or at least a "don't worry"?

Never heard anything about them one way or the other. I've used Apple personally and have always received top notch customer service so never looked anywhere else. But this company you mentioned I've not ever heard mentioned.

TheDuckRocks
06-23-2014, 03:02 PM
Here is the list of official Disney ECV Providers, direct from the Disney website:

Disney Featured Providers
In addition to ECV rental locations throughout Walt Disney World Resort, several private companies in the local area also offer ECV rentals, as well as wheelchairs, strollers and other mobility product length-of-stay rentals.
• CARE Scooter Rentals: (800) 741-2282
• Buena Vista Scooter Rentals: (866) 484-4797
• Best Price Mobility: (866) 866-3434
• Apple Scooter: (800) 701-1971
• ScooterBug: (800) 726-8284

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-24-2014, 10:02 AM
We've used Buena Vista a couple of times, and had no issues either time.