PDA

View Full Version : Outside the parks

IloveJack
06-20-2014, 09:02 PM
We've decided not to return to the parks for a couple of years, but I'm always mentally planning our next trip. I'm hoping to make it much longer than our previous trips, and have some non-park days. For those of you who've done this before, what are your favorite outside-the-park activities at WDW?
We've done putt putt at Fantasia Gardens and a little resort hopping, in the past. I'm looking for things that can be done on a sleep-in, bed-on-time day.
Suggestions?

MargaretMessler
06-20-2014, 09:33 PM
Lunch and shopping at DTD...maybe lunch at one of the resorts that offers a boat ride to DTD...walk the Boardwalk resort in the evening, dinner/shopping/atmosphere there...

If you're looking for a non Disney, non park day, I think there are some outlet stores nearby in Orlando but I'm not positive on where. Also you might consider one of the local dinner theater shows in the area.

Main Street Jim
06-21-2014, 12:53 AM
Three-hour bass fishing tours from Ft. Wilderness.

Richard Petty Driving Experience and the Exotic Car Experience at the Speedway.

La Nouba.

DisneyQuest.

Horseback riding at Ft. Wilderness.

Parasailing at Sammy Duvall's (at the Contemporary).

Renting a pontoon boat and fishing gear.

Fireworks cruise on either Seven Seas Lagoon or Crescent Lake.

Heck, just tour resorts that you haven't ever stayed at, been to, or would like to stay at.

Jelly Roll's.

Atlantic Dance Hall.

Visit the Boardwalk in the evening, and eat at one of the restaurants.

Characters in Flight at Downtown Disney.

Visit the Dinner and a Movie at AMC 24 at Downtown Disney.

Catch a concert at House of Blues.

Rent one of the surreys from just about any resort - Boardwalk, Saratoga (I think), Port Orleans, Polynesian...

Take in a dinner show - Spirit of Aloha, Hoop de Doo, or Mickey's Backyard Barbecue (with a live country band).

See a movie under the stars at Chip 'n Dale's Campfire (totally free, by the way).

Play golf or tennis at one of many courts and courses.

Just a few ideas :)

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-21-2014, 06:03 PM
Are you looking for something at Disney (great like above!) or do you want to head off-site? We've gone as far as Kennedy Space Center, or even just over to City Walk for a meal at Universal.

Main Street Jim
06-21-2014, 11:48 PM
Are you looking for something at Disney (great like above!) or do you want to head off-site? We've gone as far as Kennedy Space Center, or even just over to City Walk for a meal at Universal.Well, he did say:

what are your favorite outside-the-park activities at WDW? :mickey: :mickey: :mickey:

IloveJack
06-22-2014, 04:23 PM
Thanks for the ideas! Jim, we plan to stay at FW, so a lot of those things are on my list already. And yes, I'm looking for literal, not in a theme park, ideas. We plan to spend a couple of days at Universal, already, so I'm looking for some down days to relax and catch up on our sleep, but we'd be bored if we literally just sat around all day.