PDA

View Full Version : Food Allergies - Dairy

forever a child
06-20-2014, 02:20 PM
Can anyone tell me how restaurants in WDW deal with food allergies, specifically dairy allergies? No Milk, cheese, butter, not sure if he can eat eggs or not. He can't have anything that has the slightest amounts of this in it (bread, mashed potatoes, pizza) My DD's BF is going with us this Christmas trip and I have never had to deal with this before.

Aside from QS restaurants, we have ressies at:

Planet Hollywood
Whispering Canyon
Teppan Edo - New for us
Tusker House
Boma's
Be Our Guest (ate there for lunch, not dinner)
Garden Grill

I did tell them when we made reservations and so it is noted but I have no idea what to expect. Tried to select places with buffet for multiple options or at least a lot of meat dishes...guys!

Thanks for your thoughts!

CanadianWDWFan
06-20-2014, 02:51 PM
My DW has food allergies as well and we too let them know when we make our reservations. We also make the Maitre D' aware when we arrive. The chef will come out to the table and talk to you and let you know what is safe to eat. The chef will offer other choices if there is nothing suitable. Don't worry about it Disney is prepared for folks with food allergies.

Strmchsr
06-21-2014, 08:16 AM
:ditto: Disney is awesome with allergies. It's the one place where that doesn't have to be a concern for you at all. As Brian said, note it on your reservations. The CM should ask you at check in about the allergy then the chef will come out. If the CM does not mention the allergy when you check in for your reservation make sure you ask them about it. Sometimes the allergy notation gets lost in the system. They will bend over backwards to make sure you get something delicious. At the CS places just tell the CM when you order about the allergy and they can help you with selections that won't be an issue for you.

forever a child
06-21-2014, 11:52 AM
Thank you for your replies. Glad to know it should not be too much of an issue.

ANG
06-25-2014, 09:29 AM
Our son has a dairy and gluten allergy. EVERY single sit down could accommodate something for him. What I liked best was they made a version of something similar so he was still eating the same as us during the family style meals. Mark on your reservation and then tell the waiter once you get there. BEWARE the counter service places. Every place should have some type of manager who knows what you can eat. But unfortunately, you have to use common sense too since not all of them are aware. Most CS were fine but one was clueless and even the chef was trying to pass off food that wasn't safe for him. Overall, they are great!