PDA

View Full Version : Got up early for ADR's today...oy!

forever a child
06-19-2014, 05:44 PM
DD and I spend a long day yesterday trying to plan for our Dec trip. We will be there from Dec 16-23. My DD's last exam is Dec 15th so that was the earliest we could book our trip.

She's home for summer break and today was our 180 day for booking ADR's. We are taking advantage of the Free Dining as my DD's BF is going this trip and so it will be cheaper for him. He has dairy allergies so that cuts out a few places we would have liked to have visited to eat but he would be limited on choices.

Got up at 5:30am. Online system was down. Called and they could not do any ressies. I had to call back two more time before the system was up and running. Ugh...

We got all of our ADR's we were wanting:
Planet Hollywood
Whispering Canyon
Teppan Edo - The only new for us
Tusker House
Boma's
Be Our Guest (ate there for lunch, not dinner)
Garden Grill

So now on to figuring out the new FP system.
Not really looking forward to it...wondering how much they will tweek it before Dec.

DD will be returning for Spring Break 2015 with some sorority sisters. This may be my last trip for a while. Not sure I like all of this massive planning but I did want to return for Christmas once again!:elf:

disneymom15
06-19-2014, 06:33 PM
Glad you got all you choices.

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-19-2014, 09:11 PM
Glad you're all booked, and I'm sorry it was a bit of an adventure. :yay:

VWL Mom
06-19-2014, 09:28 PM
Glad you were able to get your choices including BOG. :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-20-2014, 08:41 AM
Congratulations, glad you were able to score BOG

faline
06-20-2014, 08:45 AM
Planning a Disney trip can be challenging - glad you got across this hurdle!!

forever a child
06-20-2014, 02:26 PM
Haha, thanks everyone.

DD really wanted to try BOG for dinner. I really didn't care. Seems like we are doing a lot of repeats this trip. But our rule is to always try at least one new place every trip so Teppan Edo is it. I love GG and Boma's. DD loves Tusker House and choose Teppan Edo. Any thoughts on the place? We choose Planet Hollywood for her BF thinking he would really like it. And he likes a lot of meat so I figured Whispering Canyon is a good choice and it gives us an excuse to see their Christmas tree!

We really wanted to try Beaches and Cream next but with his food allergies it seemed like a burger would be his only choice.

Oh, and just to note we only got BOG because I took an 8:25 pm ressie time. But it is EMH's in the park till 1am so I figured it would work for us that night.