PDA

View Full Version : Better Room with Check In Upon Arrival or Online

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-19-2014, 02:36 PM
I saw a reviewer on another site saying he felt you don't get as good a room doing online check in because it only allows for a couple of request items. Is there any truth to this? What's everyone's experience either way? Better rooms, surprise upgrades, views are best which way?

Katzateer
06-19-2014, 03:30 PM
I have never been disappointed waiting until I arrive to checkin. I get a room where I want location wise, have gotten upgrades, and normally dont have to wait for our room. Haven't decided what I want to do next trip. We arrive later at POP than normal (after 7 pm.)

my main requests are upper floor, away from elevators. I usually ask to be closer to the bus stops and get an upgrade most of the time. So far my upgrades have been at POP, Movies and AoA. At AoA I got an upgrade from Little Mermaid to Lion King Suite with no additional charge. It was off season and only 3 nights, but was a real treat!!

SBETigg
06-19-2014, 05:16 PM
I've only done online check-in once and it worked out beautifully. I had a good room in a good location and I was happy. It was at Pop. I'm not really sure it isn't just luck of the draw, though, depending on what's available when they're assigning your room. I think magical upgrades are equally rare in both circumstances and no more likely in one than the other.

And even if you make a list of requests, they can only accommodate so many special requests. For instance, at the Poly, if I go with a garden view, I like a room with a balcony and I prefer to not be on the monorail side. It could be that the only balcony rooms available when I precheck or check in are overlooking the monorail. So they have to decide which request would be more important to me, balcony or view. Ideally, I get everything I want, but that's not always possible no matter how I check in.

MargaretMessler
06-19-2014, 11:15 PM
Specific room location is less important to me than having my room ready upon check in. Since we almost always are landing in Orlando by 9am, online check in is worth it to me.

VWL Mom
06-20-2014, 06:33 AM
For some resorts the online requests are rather vague and will eliminate any other requests you may already have in your record. I usually do online checkin and then call an confirm my request. We've been lucky to have requested room ready about 80% of the time.

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-20-2014, 08:40 AM
Actually, I'm not really sure what to request this time. We are staying at Yacht Club garden view. For this trip, a decent view is important because it is me and mom and we love to sit out on our balcony and drink coffee in the morning and wine in the evening. I would like to be closer to the elevators and walkways due to mom's mobility issues but am worried that may affect our view. Do you get a better view farther away from the elevator or does it make a difference:confused:

brownie
06-20-2014, 01:33 PM
You can have requests noted on the reservation when you make it. You don't have to rely on the online check-in for requests. You can also still talk to someone when you check-in.

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-20-2014, 05:10 PM
You can have requests noted on the reservation when you make it. You don't have to rely on the online check-in for requests. You can also still talk to someone when you check-in.

Yeah I was thinking it might be better to talk to someone in person. Thanks for the help.

AgentC
06-20-2014, 11:00 PM
We've stayed at Yacht Club several times in the garden category and I've yet to have a bad view. I don't request a specific one but most of the time I have ended up with a view of the quiet pool. That view is not close to the main elevator or the lobby.

The garden rooms closet to those areas will either look out the front and mainly see the gardens though there might be a view of the bus area. The rooms looking toward the back with the best views are probably the lagoon views but some will look at the little garden areas and the walk ways.

There is an in between area that is very pretty and looks over the gazebo.

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-21-2014, 01:47 PM
Okay thanks sounds like the best views are further away.

steamboat willy
06-29-2014, 10:52 AM
We have always had needed request due to DW's condition. We have also been advised by MJ to by-pass the on-line check-in and go straight to the counter and speak to someone. This way we have a specific contact to go back to if we need to tweak our location, building or room. They will do All they can to get you where you want! :thumbsup::mickey::cool:

garthbarth1
07-27-2014, 05:27 PM
If you do online check in, and you come in earlier than the normal check in time (3 pm?) will your room be ready then??:mickey:

yankeesfan123
07-27-2014, 05:42 PM
If you do online check in, and you come in earlier than the normal check in time (3 pm?) will your room be ready then??:mickey:

Maybe. Sometimes. No guarantees. Depends on how full the resort is/was the day before.