PDA

View Full Version : Booking through a third party site

BriarRose0708
06-19-2014, 12:38 PM
Chances are good my BF and I can make a short trip in October. As much as I'd love to use Magical Journeys, he has free nights through Hotels.com to use up. We're looking at Caribbean Beach (a new one for me, yay!). If we book through that site will we still get Magic Bands in advance and the ability to create our trip in MDE and book FP+ at 60 days?

Thanks for any help, advice, or feedback on CBR! Keep your fingers crossed we can go!

PirateLover
06-19-2014, 01:50 PM
I wish I had an answer for you, but I've never done this myself. My sister-in-law swears by Hotels.com, however. One thing I know she always does if she has a question about something is call the hotel itself in advance before booking. I would think that as long as you have a room reservation, it shouldn't matter how you booked it- you are still entitled to a band. But perhaps call Disney yourself and be sure if no one comes along with a definitive answer.:thumbsup:

eandrsmom
06-19-2014, 01:51 PM
I've actually booked through Hotels.com before and have gotten really good rates. The confirmation that they give you isn't a Disney confirmation number. You'll have to call Disney, and the agent will get you the Disney confirmation number so that you can link it to MDE. Once you have that, you will be able to book FP, ADR's, etc. just like you would if you'd booked directly.

PirateLover
06-19-2014, 01:52 PM
As for FP+ you are purchasing your park tickets separately I assume? This worked out well for us in January. Once we received our bands, we were able to link our tickets and start the reservation process.

BriarRose0708
06-19-2014, 02:05 PM
I've actually booked through Hotels.com before and have gotten really good rates. The confirmation that they give you isn't a Disney confirmation number. You'll have to call Disney, and the agent will get you the Disney confirmation number so that you can link it to MDE. Once you have that, you will be able to book FP, ADR's, etc. just like you would if you'd booked directly.

Ah good to know! Thanks!

Maryanne, we are going to get tickets separately and link them with the hotel reservation. We're potentially going the week before Columbus Day weekend so we've got to get cracking on our planning! Still waiting to book anything until we know for sure.