PDA

View Full Version : Tower of Terror

merciantinkerbell
06-19-2014, 08:18 AM
So I'm thinking of trying Tower of Terror for the first time but wondering what the braking on the drop is like. I've looked at YouTube vids but can't get a sense of how sudden it is. Is it a sudden "jerk" or fairly smooth? Reason is I have some minor neck and back issues from a car accident some years ago and sudden stops could hurt. Also recently been told by eye doc that I have to avoid "extreme physical activity" or risk detached retina (not good to quote Capt Jack). I think he means sky-diving, bungee jumping etc.

Dulcee
06-19-2014, 08:42 AM
Tower of Terror in my opinion is pretty smooth. I can't think of any major jerking that occurs. Definitely far less then any roller coaster would jerk you around.

kbean
06-19-2014, 10:03 AM
Its smooth. I never gave the braking system a thought because its so smooth. Id say the take off on rock n roller coaster would be way worse for ya.

PirateLover
06-19-2014, 12:29 PM
I would concur that most of the roller coasters would probably be a lot worse for you than Tower of Terror. You can also hold on to the bar or side hand rails to give yourself a little extra stability on the drops.

#1donaldfan
06-19-2014, 01:26 PM
It's a very mild stop. Once it begins to stop it takes it at least a floor to complete, then it begins it's other "route".....:thumbsup:

wdwaggie
06-19-2014, 03:16 PM
In my opinion, Star Tours and Space Mountain are much worse than TOT.

DizneyFreak2002
06-19-2014, 03:22 PM
As others have said, very smooth... I've been on coasters where I thought I was coming off with whiplash with how jerky it was as it came to a stop... ToT, not at all...

merciantinkerbell
06-21-2014, 02:57 PM
Thanks everyone. I think best thing to do is see how I feel on the day and how long a stand-by line it is. Not going to use a Fastpass because I may not feel like it and hubby can't ride it. I rode Rock n Roller coaster at Disneyland Paris about 10 years ago and know that's out now along with Space Mountain. Can still do Big Thunder Mountain which is great because I love that one. :coaster: 119 days to airport hotel, 120 days till flight (not that I'm counting or anything) :whistle:

2MuchWDFun
06-21-2014, 05:25 PM
Like others have said--the drop is very smooth. I can get queasy very easily. I love TOT--but when I'm on the ride I take slow breaths in through my nose and out through my mouth and keep my focus straight ahead. That usually works for me.:thumbsup:

azcavalier
06-21-2014, 09:23 PM
Tower of Terror is a great attraction. The theming is, in my opinion, the best in all of WDW. The queue, the lobby, the preshow, all amazing in its attention to detail. And then the technology of the ride itself is pretty stunning. Worth the wait, if it's not an hour or more.

JerseyDad
06-22-2014, 10:10 PM
....of course ...regardless of how "smooth" it is ...somewhere on the queue ...there will likely be a sign that says:

"If you have back or neck problems, are prone to motion sickness, are pregnant or want to at some time become pregnant ...or even know of someone else that's pregnant ......you may not want to go on this ride ...yadda ...yadda ....yadda ...."