PDA

View Full Version : Best camera for a tech challenged person

denidale
06-18-2014, 07:35 PM
Hi all,
I need a new camera before our Jan 2015 trip. I need something simple, very few buttons, that will take nice park and ride pics. I even thought about getting an Ipod Touch for simplicity.....but I dont know how good it would be in low light.

So you know how tech challenged I am, I still use a dumb phone and my current digital camera is about 10 years old. :blush:

Would love something that can take pics and videos. Any suggestions for an easy to use but decent camera? Looking at less than $250.

faline
06-18-2014, 07:46 PM
There are many "point and shoot" cameras out there. There have been significant advances in digital photography in the last 10 years - even our cell phones take better pictures than the first digital camera we owned!!

I have a Sony digital I really like - not very complicated. What I like about it is that it has a viewfinder (very helpful in bright sunlight when it's very difficult to see on a phone screen). Most recently, I bought a Nikkon Coolpix which, unfortunately, doesn't have a viewfinder but can go underwater so you can take it right in the pool with you and can also handle being dropped 5-6 feet without damage to your camera.

Google reviews and pick out cameras that you think will meet your needs. Then, go out find them and touch them, play with them, and figure out if they will do what you want comfortably with you.

DizneyRox
06-18-2014, 07:47 PM
Kill two birds with one stone and get an iPhone. They are built for the technically challenged...