PDA

View Full Version : Twas the Weekend Before Christmas

Red Randal
06-18-2014, 02:08 PM
Making plans now for the weekend before Christmas, 12/20-24. I see that Disney conveniently decided to end MVMCP the day before we arrive :mad: but what can ya do?

I PRESUME this means we will still get to see Holiday Wishes and the Christmas parade during regular park hours without extra admission...but I'm not seeing anything about this. I can't imagine that they wouldn't be putting their Christmas shows in the days before Christmas...but can anyone confirm? When does the usual Wishes/afternoon parade switch to Holiday Wishes/Christmas parade?

DizneyFreak2002
06-18-2014, 02:16 PM
Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but the Christmas parade becomes a regular part of the entertainment line up right before Christmas... Thus ending the paid ticket events...

BrerGnat
06-18-2014, 06:35 PM
Making plans now for the weekend before Christmas, 12/20-24. I see that Disney conveniently decided to end MVMCP the day before we arrive :mad: but what can ya do?

I PRESUME this means we will still get to see Holiday Wishes and the Christmas parade during regular park hours without extra admission...but I'm not seeing anything about this. I can't imagine that they wouldn't be putting their Christmas shows in the days before Christmas...but can anyone confirm? When does the usual Wishes/afternoon parade switch to Holiday Wishes/Christmas parade?

Your presumption is correct. You will get to experience the Holiday parade and fireworks. We were there until the 22nd two years ago, and the Holiday stuff started around the 18th, from what I recall.

ransam
08-28-2014, 02:46 AM
It is worth checking out, but it will be very crowded.

buzznwoodysmom
08-28-2014, 12:31 PM
In the past I believe the Christmas parade and Christmas version of Wishes took over the regular parade and regular Wishes the day after the final Christmas party. I am not sure how long they run, but I would guess through New Years Day.

ransam
08-29-2014, 01:10 AM
In the past I believe the Christmas parade and Christmas version of Wishes took over the regular parade and regular Wishes the day after the final Christmas party. I am not sure how long they run, but I would guess through New Years Day.

As of a couple years ago, it was going on the 27th, that's when we caught it.

Susan A
08-29-2014, 09:24 AM
The Saturday bf Christmas at the MK is VERY crowded. Arrive early.

joanna71985
08-29-2014, 10:21 AM

This isn't new- the last Christmas party is always a few days before Christmas (the end of Dec is waaaay too busy to close at 7).

But yes, the party stuff is moved to regular hours after the last party. Typically the Christmas parade takes the place of the day parade