PDA

View Full Version : FP wait times

JennyAnne
06-17-2014, 09:18 PM
I know this varies greatly by ride, season, etc., but what is an average wait time for an attraction such as Splash Mountain, Mine Ride, Space Mountain, when you have a FP? Half hour? 10 minutes? Again, I know it varies...just looking for peoples' experiences. We'll be going next June.

Main Street Jim
06-17-2014, 10:38 PM
Depends on the Cast Member at the merge point (where Stand-by and FP merge together).

They *should* be a walk-on with FP - and most are.

JennyAnne
06-17-2014, 10:43 PM
Thanks Jim! I saw a post somewhere today in which someone had to wait 30 minutes with a FP (can't remember which attraction) and that got me wondering what was normal.

yankeesfan123
06-18-2014, 05:57 AM
Thanks Jim! I saw a post somewhere today in which someone had to wait 30 minutes with a FP (can't remember which attraction) and that got me wondering what was normal.

That was Ian... On space mountain lol.

There appeared to be extenuating circumstances if I remember correctly (bad weather, other attractions shut down, everyone went to Space Mountain).

Can 30 minutes happen? Yes. It is likely? No.

Pirate Granny
06-18-2014, 07:26 AM
Yep, one day there was a rain storm and everyone who had fast passes for outside attractions were told they could use them at inside attractions. Great for them. Bad for us that had legit FP+ for that time slot. It was lined up at least 200 - 300 people outside of the ride. I bet regular line went faster! Since we were soaked, we went back to the resort to change for our dinner at the poly. Crowds finally went down and I believe they were able to ride before that group left to go to the Poly.

Pop Centurion
06-18-2014, 07:16 PM
Touring Plans has said on average the FP+ lines are about 20-25% of the stand-by lines time.

JennyAnne
06-18-2014, 08:01 PM
Touring Plans has said on average the FP+ lines are about 20-25% of the stand-by lines time.

Good to know...that makes sense. Thanks! :mickey:

justice11
06-20-2014, 02:04 PM
We just got back from 11 days at Disney, I was surprised at how many people were in the fp line. It varied from ride to ride.

TheHD
06-20-2014, 02:15 PM
We just got back from 11 days at Disney, I was surprised at how many people were in the fp line. It varied from ride to ride.

Yeah, I was kind of worrying about this. I actually wish that Disney did not decide to add the 4th (etc.) FP option after using the first three. Now the FP lines are likely to be longer, especially in the afternoon/evenings.