PDA

View Full Version : Sundays for Food & WIne Festival at Epcot

Gregandmel
06-17-2014, 01:31 PM
My husband and I have a quick getaway at the end of September and wanted to hit the Food & Wine Festival on a Sunday afternoon. Is this a bad time to go due to the crowds and it being a weekend? Wasn't sure how crazy-busy it was end of September - I know this is a slow(er) time than the summer crowds but we've never been so trying to get an idea for planning purposes! Thanks!!

ginny57
06-17-2014, 02:42 PM
Weekends at F&W are always more crowded. If you plan on a Sunday, get to world showcase @ 11:00. Before you hit world showcase, its a good idea to grab a passport @ the welcome center (next to mission space) so you know which countries offer what. If you have a 'plan' as to which offerings you want the most, that will help. The lines get long but more fairly quickly.

LOVE F&W!!

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-18-2014, 09:01 AM
It will be busy. Even though September is a quieter time of the year, lots of people visit especially for the F&W festival.

We were there on a Saturday afternoon a couple of years ago, and it was total and complete chaos (to the point that DD and I left and went to DHS instead). But, DH stayed and had a good time.

mrte62
06-21-2014, 12:18 PM
Yes, we have found Sundays to be busy. However, there are a number of special dining and demonstration events. DW and I done a chocolate themed meal and meal hosted by Gale Gand.

We usually went for the event and then walked around a bit. Once it starts getting busy, we park hop for the rest of the day.