PDA

View Full Version : Straight Talk

caryrae
06-17-2014, 12:29 PM
I am thinking of switching from AT&T to straight talk. I have an iPhone 5 with about 5 months left under contract. Right now I pay $67 total for unlimited talk and text and 300mb data. Has anyone used straight talk? I see it's $45 unlimited everything but of course if you use to much data they lower the speed, which only having 300mb now I don't use a ton of data anyway. Is it pretty easy to set up and port a number, does the phone need to be unlocked or will it work without having to anything but activate the new service?

John
07-05-2014, 08:04 AM
We live Straight Talk and have 3 windows phones on the bring your own phone SIM plan. In fact, my parents have it as do a few of my neighbors because of me as well. They all bought Nokia Lumia's that were att branded and work great. No complaints from anyone.

Bottom line is if ATT has good service where you are and you get a phone that rides the ATT network, its going to be hard not to be happy at that price.

Terra
07-17-2014, 02:49 PM
I've had straight talk for several years and zero issues either.
I do believe you can use your iPhone. They sell those now as well for Straight Talk.
It is really the lowest unlimited plan with no hidden conditions, that I've found.
Vary rarely do I have any reception issues either which has been very nice!

DizneyRox
07-17-2014, 03:06 PM
AT&T locks their phone, you won't be able to activate it without them unlocking it. They won't do that until you're off contract. You should check if it's compatible before deciding. I don't think the iPhone through AT&T is an international version, so it may not have the hardware to work on a network other than AT&T (and it's resellers) . I don't know much about Straight Talk. If I were to switch, I'd probably end up on either T-Mobile or Virgin Mobile.