PDA

View Full Version : Annual Pass Questions

Hog
06-16-2014, 04:19 PM
I have a lot of questions about annual passes because this is the first time we are going to purchase them, so here it goes.

We are going down to the world on July 9th for a short 2 day trip, Should I order them on the website, on the phone or wait and buy them at the park? My main concern is getting the color Magic Bands I want. Also if I order them Online/on the phone, will they make it to my house before I leave on July 9th?

When I order them can I start making FP+ reservations right away? Or do I have to wait until I have the bands in my possession? I am assuming I have to do the 30 day ahead of time since we are staying off site?

When does the 1 year period of use take effect? The first day I use them? So if I use them July 9th 2014, then July 9th 2015 is the last day I can use them?

Last question whats it like making FP+ reservations on the same day? Is there anything even available?

Thanks in Advance.

faline
06-16-2014, 08:33 PM
If you wait until you get to the park, you won't be able to make fastpass+ reservations before your arrival. I'd suggest purchasing them ahead of time.

I'm not sure how customizing bands works when you are staying off site. Yes, you cannot make fastpass reservations at the 60 day mark if you are staying off site.

You purchase vouchers which are activated the first time you use them so, if you activate your tickets on July 9th, they will expire on July 9th of the following year.

I haven't done same day fastpass reservations so can't comment on that.

Hog
06-17-2014, 10:57 AM
So i ordered the annual passes last night and let me say the people working the phones at Disney were clueless. I asked the same questions as above to 3 different cast members and got conflicting answers from them all, i am extremely dissappointed.

I was told that i would be able to order Magic Bands when i ordered my annual passes if i did the will call pick up option. As it turns out you can't order Magic Bands as an annual pass holder until your passes are activated. Which means until the first time you pass through the gate at a park. To me it seems crazy they can't figure a way around this, i feel i am being cheated.

Good thing my first trip is only for a few days and wheni get back home i will be able to order my Magic Bands for my big trip in October.

Also i was told different things about getting the plastic card tickets turned into Magic Bands at the park. One castmember told me i could get the generic ones at guest service another told me i could not. Anyone know the correct answer?

stephicakes
06-17-2014, 04:17 PM
I know on the WDW website under "Help Center" there are frequently asked questions and answers on MBs and APs.

You probably already looked there, but I just wanted to throw it out there just in case...
Happy Planning!
:mickey: