PDA

View Full Version : Help Planning

CzepielCrew
06-16-2014, 02:52 PM
Need help planning one of my days on our vacation. August 2015 (I know I am really early) on a Thursday. Going to Tusker House early morning. Planning to stay at Animal Kingdom until about 3:00.
I was thinking about going to Fantasia Gardens Mini Golf, Boardwalk and ESPN Club for dinner in the evening. Staying at Port Orleans Riverside.
Am I trying to fit way too much in one day? How would you plan the day and times?

CzepielCrew
06-16-2014, 02:54 PM
I forgot to say it will be me, DH, DS, DS. Both kids are going to be 14

VacationDisney
06-16-2014, 03:21 PM
Sounds like a great plan. We love to play mini golf while at WDW:thumbsup:

Have a wonderful time making plans:mickey:

cer
06-16-2014, 03:29 PM
If it were me, I'd dump the mini golf and plan to be out of Animal Kingdom earlier. You may still have a 3 o'clock idea, but you may find you finish up AK earlier.

It's going to be super hot and humid and I would plan to leave AK and go to my resort for a nap or pool time or shower (clean-up/cool down). Then I would take the bus to Hollywood Studios and catch a Friendship Boat to the Boardwalk. (This is assuming you will be using Disney transportation.)

This is all based on what would work for my family. (My kids are 15 and 13.)

Good luck! Whatever you decide, have a great trip!

CzepielCrew
06-16-2014, 03:34 PM
If it were me, I'd dump the mini golf and plan to be out of Animal Kingdom earlier. You may still have a 3 o'clock idea, but you may find you finish up AK earlier.

It's going to be super hot and humid and I would plan to leave AK and go to my resort for a nap or pool time or shower (clean-up/cool down). Then I would take the bus to Hollywood Studios and catch a Friendship Boat to the Boardwalk. (This is assuming you will be using Disney transportation.)

This is all based on what would work for my family. (My kids are 15 and 13.)

Good luck! Whatever you decide, have a great trip!

Where do you catch the Friendship boat outside Hollywood Studios?

vicster
06-16-2014, 03:53 PM
Where do you catch the Friendship boat outside Hollywood Studios?

When you leave the studios go left and you can't miss it

CzepielCrew
06-16-2014, 03:55 PM
Thank you everyone. I didn't know about the friendship boats.

ThanxForNoticin
06-17-2014, 12:31 PM
I actually think Fantasia Golf is still a great idea - and the thing about Fantasia is it's open pretty late (11P? Midnight?). It's something you could do after dinner and after the sun is down for the day, weather permitting. It just depends how long of a day you want to have! And you can walk to Fantasia Golf from the Boardwalk, through the Swan/Dolphin resort.

No such thing as planning too early for WDW!

cer
06-17-2014, 01:13 PM
I actually think Fantasia Golf is still a great idea - and the thing about Fantasia is it's open pretty late (11P? Midnight?). It's something you could do after dinner and after the sun is down for the day, weather permitting. It just depends how long of a day you want to have! And you can walk to Fantasia Golf from the Boardwalk, through the Swan/Dolphin resort.

No such thing as planning too early for WDW!

I think that this evening after dinner mini golf idea is a good one.

wdwaggie
06-17-2014, 02:18 PM
Yes, I agree, I've never done the mini-golf there, but can't imagine it being anything less than wonderful. I too would hit the resort, shower, quick cat nap, dinner at the boardwalk and then go golf later in the evening. There is just something wonderfully MAGIC about WDW in the evening, no matter what park you're at, even DTD.:mickey:

#1donaldfan
06-18-2014, 11:55 AM
Yes, I agree, I've never done the mini-golf there, but can't imagine it being anything less than wonderful. I too would hit the resort, shower, quick cat nap, dinner at the boardwalk and then go golf later in the evening. There is just something wonderfully MAGIC about WDW in the evening, no matter what park you're at, even DTD.:mickey:

I feel the same way. Disney after dark is the best.....for me it's the Jungle Cruise at dark !! I like the idea of AK till 1ish, back to resort, pool time, shower, dinner, then maybe a round of golf !! :thumbsup:

SBETigg
06-18-2014, 12:11 PM
I don't think you're fitting too much in. We usually do a park in the morning, a break in the late afternoon, and then another park in the evening. See how you feel after AK, but I don't think you'll be too tired for some evening activities after a day at AK.

*I'm from Holyoke, too. Class of 86 HHS. :)

MargaretMessler
06-18-2014, 07:34 PM
I'm just going to second someone else's idea of mini golf after dinner at Fantasia Gardens. I would plan on stopping back at your resort when you are done at AK (could finish before 3 depending on crowds) to freshen up as august will be HOT and HUMID!