PDA

View Full Version : AP Voucher Question

Butters
06-16-2014, 08:58 AM
I wasn't sure if this should go in the DVC topic or Trip planning, but figured it fit's a little better under here.

We bought the DVC promotional AP, and received our confirmation numbers to get our AP's at guest services. This provides us with a confirmation number to take to Guest Services on our first day.

I just booked our DVC room reservation for January, will I be able to book FP+ for this trip in advance? Everything looks like I would need to have active tickets to book my FP+ times, but my tickets won't be active until I arrive at Guest Services.

I'm concerned that we'll arrive in January and get stuck riding Aladdin's carpets 3 times per day with our FP's since everything else will be booked by then.

I'm sure this scenario has been encountered by most people who have bought the AP, and couldn't activate until you arrived.

Thanks in advance for the help.

VWL Mom
06-16-2014, 09:15 AM
Add the confirmation number to MDE under tickets. You will then be able to book FP+ when your window opens.

Butters
06-16-2014, 09:17 AM
Great... Thank You!!! One less thing to stress about :mickey:

Hog
06-16-2014, 08:39 PM
Will I be able to do this as well if I am only purchasing the annual passes and not staying on Disney Property?

CanadianWDWFan
06-16-2014, 09:52 PM
You will get Magic Bands for your DVC reservation as well as a set for your AP. We will have 5 sets by the end of the year because of this! :crazy:Your room reservations will allow you to make FP selections at 60 days out. These will be tied to your room reservation. To make things even more confusing, which magic bands you use is up to you. You can activate and deactivate bands as you want. So if you get different colour bands you can change bands from day to day. Ask the CM at check-in to help you out with your magic band selection.

azcavalier
06-17-2014, 11:48 AM
Will I be able to do this as well if I am only purchasing the annual passes and not staying on Disney Property?

You will get Magic Bands for your DVC reservation as well as a set for your AP.

We bought the Premium APs through DVC, and did NOT get Magic Bands. I called DVC as well as the number for Annual Passholders, and was told that I was to take my "exchange vouchers" to Guest Services at the parks, where they would give us cards (not Magic Bands), which would then be activated when we entered the parks. At that point, even though we are AP holders, we could purchase Magic Bands if we wanted. This was just one month ago. We never bought the bands and just stuck with the cards. We were staying offsite.

I thought the whole thing was odd. Why send us cards, only to exchange them for cards? Why not send us the APs so that we can bypass guess services and just activate them at the gate? And why not send us Magic Bands?

In any case, it went smoothly, and we had a great time. But we were disappointed not to be given Magic Bands even though we're AP holders.

We have a reservation to head back (just the DW and I) in October and will be staying at SSR. For THAT reservation we have Magic Bands (according to the MDE app). We will be going back as a family in January, and plan to stay on site, so we'll get Magic Bands for everyone then.

Hog
06-17-2014, 12:16 PM
I was told once you activate your annual passes at the park, you could then order your magic bands. They would do you no good for your first trip, but for future trips you could have them

VWL Mom
06-17-2014, 12:34 PM
We bought the Premium APs through DVC, and did NOT get Magic Bands. I called DVC as well as the number for Annual Passholders, and was told that I was to take my "exchange vouchers" to Guest Services at the parks, where they would give us cards (not Magic Bands), which would then be activated when we entered the parks. At that point, even though we are AP holders, we could purchase Magic Bands if we wanted. This was just one month ago. We never bought the bands and just stuck with the cards. We were staying offsite.

I thought the whole thing was odd. Why send us cards, only to exchange them for cards? Why not send us the APs so that we can bypass guess services and just activate them at the gate? And why not send us Magic Bands?

In any case, it went smoothly, and we had a great time. But we were disappointed not to be given Magic Bands even though we're AP holders.

We have a reservation to head back (just the DW and I) in October and will be staying at SSR. For THAT reservation we have Magic Bands (according to the MDE app). We will be going back as a family in January, and plan to stay on site, so we'll get Magic Bands for everyone then.

The reason they don't just send the actual AP to DVC is because you need to produce photo ID with address and your DVC card at the time of exchange.

If you linked your AP to MDE you should be able to order two sets of magic bands, one for your resort stay and a second for being an AP holder. The AP ones have an AP charm on them. I'm not sure why they told you AP holders would need to purchase bands unless you wanted them that day.

azcavalier
06-24-2014, 09:41 AM
If you linked your AP to MDE you should be able to order two sets of magic bands, one for your resort stay and a second for being an AP holder. The AP ones have an AP charm on them. I'm not sure why they told you AP holders would need to purchase bands unless you wanted them that day.

That is probably correct. Once we had entered the park the first day and had activated our APs, the ability to order MagicBands showed up on MDE. When we got home, we customized and ordered them, and they arrived within a week. We were all excited, but we're not going back until October. :(