PDA

View Full Version : How to keep charged in the parks

PETE FROM NYC
06-15-2014, 08:52 PM
I recently got a smart phone. My old phone needed charging every few days, but the smart phone seems to die within 15 hours or so. That's not enough time for doing WDW parks. What are my alternatives? Are there charger packs available?

CanadianWDWFan
06-15-2014, 09:59 PM
There was a thread a couple of months ago that was talking about this very thing. Check out the thread (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=203516).

What folks are doing is basically getting a battery backup for their phones. Looking of a plug to charge a phone sometimes is not an option for many of us so external battery packs are the way to go. They are pretty inexpensive and some can even charge your phone many times before it needs charging.

PETE FROM NYC
06-16-2014, 01:34 AM
Thanks, Brian. I will check out those mentioned.

Pirate Granny
06-16-2014, 07:20 AM
My daughter used a Disney locker charger at MK. She said your swipe your credit card the door opens and there are three different charger plugs, select the right one, plug in, and close the locker. A light turns green when finished. You reswipe your credit card to unlock. There is ZERO fee involved, just a great way to lock the charing locker. I think she said it was over by the Rapunzel bathrooms.

My I-phone makes it's all day, the lowest it got was 62%. But I'm not on apps a lot either.

Pop Centurion
06-30-2014, 06:13 PM
I bought one of the external battery packs from monoprice. It's a duel charger so my wife & I can charge simultaneously. We were able to get 2 full charges each with power still left to spare before having to re-charge the pack. The best thing is it was around $30 which is much cheaper than the single charge less power units.