PDA

View Full Version : September Crowds?

masonlovesdisney
06-15-2014, 03:38 PM
I recently booked a trip for my girlfriend (18) and I (20) to go alone for the first time. We booked from September 17th through the 23rd. Can anyone tell me how the crowds normally are during this time?

KODABEAR
06-15-2014, 04:58 PM
:knit::old::vacation:In the past crowds have been fairly light. Florida is still very hot & humid. This is our fav time to go as we're Floridians so don't mind the weather. This year the EPCOT Food & Wine Festival starts Sept 19th . Which will impact that Park. Enjoy our vacation!:mickey:

masonlovesdisney
06-15-2014, 05:48 PM
I certainly am not worried about the weather, as I am from SC, so it's just as hot. Just was not sure about the crowd. We booked those dates just so we would be there for the beginning of food and wine, so I expect Epcot to be packed. Thanks for the response! Hopefully there are light crowds!

AgentC
06-15-2014, 06:58 PM
We often go at that time of year and the crowds are usually light and very manageable.

With F&W moving up I would expect Epcot to be very busy on the weekend but it shouldn't affect the other parks that much.

masonlovesdisney
06-16-2014, 01:21 AM
Exactly what I like to hear (: Thank you.

CaptSmee
06-16-2014, 09:58 AM
Probably one of the slowest times of the year :cool: Epcot will see an uptick in crowds, especially in the evenings & weekends but it is also really only noticeable in world showcase. We always go in Sept for this reason...hot still, low crowds, & MNSSHP starts :thumbsup: Have a good time

steamboat willy
06-16-2014, 11:44 AM
I recently booked a trip for my girlfriend (18) and I (20) to go alone for the first time. We booked from September 17th through the 23rd. Can anyone tell me how the crowds normally are during this time?

Hey Mason, we're from NC and we also are traveling in September and will be there during your dates. We typically go in September and this year we will be Celebrating Our 30th Anniversary. We've have no problem with crowds or heat because we usually take a Pool Break mid-day and return in evenings.
Only other factor is this is also the dates for Free Dining which draws in the Resort Guest like us, but you're at DISNEY with your girlfriend, go have fun.
Be warned, I took my then girlfriend to Disney for her first time and now we're still going back to Celebrate 30 Years! See Ya There! :cool:

grumpyguy
06-18-2014, 06:56 AM
Great time to go..we'll see you there also.
We'll be at WDW the 12th-21st:thumbsup:

DKA041177
06-18-2014, 08:51 AM
We are there the last week of September. I am a little worried about the heat (we usually go in September). Aside from taking breaks during the day, any advice on helping to stay cool during the heat?

CaptSmee
06-18-2014, 10:50 AM
We are there the last week of September. I am a little worried about the heat (we usually go in September). Aside from taking breaks during the day, any advice on helping to stay cool during the heat?

Stay hydrated! You'll be in and out of AC all day so that helps

masonlovesdisney
06-18-2014, 12:56 PM
Only other factor is this is also the dates for Free Dining which draws in the Resort Guest like us, but you're at DISNEY with your girlfriend, go have fun.
Be warned, I took my then girlfriend to Disney for her first time and now we're still going back to Celebrate 30 Years! See Ya There! :cool:

I would be MORE than happy to be taking her back 30 years from now! Considering I have been going there for 20 years already, I do not think I could ever become tired of Disney! Now, this is only my girlfriends 2nd trip to Disney ever (the 1st being with my family and I last october), so we shall see how it goes!

JanetMegan
06-20-2014, 08:38 AM
We'll be down in Sept as well (12-19) looking forward to some lower crowds I hope!

MargaretMessler
06-20-2014, 09:45 AM
We were there just a week earlier last year, and the crowds were very VERY manageable. I don't think we waited more then 20-25 for anything the entire time, didn't feel crowded walking the parks, and only used FP a few times. It was, as others have mentioned, quite humid though.

hauntedmansiongirl
06-21-2014, 02:17 AM
This is when we go every year, and the crowds are some of the lowest all year! We're going to be there the 14th-27th, and we picked those dates based on crowds alone! You will have a great time!

We've gone is April a couple of times and always lament that the crowds are so high compared to our to our beloved September! Food and Wine definitely impacts World Showcase in the evenings, but it is so much fun it doesn't affect the fun!

Have a great vacation with your GF! :mickey:

Jimmy Thick
06-21-2014, 03:58 AM
September is getting tricky.

It used to be THE time to go for an empty park but that's starting to vanish more and more as word has gotten out to the masses.

Still, its better than the summer months but its hot, the heat can be rough as is the sun, it always feels like its on top of you like the sword of Damocles. A hat with a brim or a good pair of non Disney sunglasses will do wonders, but make sure the top of your head don't get burnt.

Either way have fun with the girlfriend away from the parental units, that first solo trip with my wife I still recall rather fondly.

Jimmy Thick-Disney does something to women...Seriously...

MrPeetrie
06-21-2014, 07:00 AM
The crowds are so light, that everyone now goes that time of year. lol :thedolls:

Just having fun. Our trip is planned for 9/18 ourselves. Can't wait.

mdricks
06-23-2014, 12:40 PM
Best time of the year. The slowest weekend of the entire calendar is in September. (According to some planning websites)

Food and wine can gum up Epcot on late month weekends and free food can make ressies a pain at the most popular restaurants.

Room only discounts are great and lines are nice and short. Free dining if you can get it is also a plus. Early morning is walk on for first 2hours at most parks. For two adults, no kids, you would be crazy to go any other time of year.

I have been in September many times and will never go a different time unless i have to.

:number1:

masonlovesdisney
06-24-2014, 12:35 AM
Wow, I really am liking what im hearing from all of you! Sounds like we picked a great time to go.

Thank you all!

SassyMadhatter
06-24-2014, 02:35 AM
We are going Sept 14-20, this will be our second September trip, also did one in October, and one in November. Crowds are at a low, much more enjoyable. Don't get me wrong, it is still gonna look crowded, but nothing like Christmas week, Easter Break, and summer vacation. Go to the Mickeys Halloween Party, you'll love it, it is a seperate hard ticket event though...

stephicakes
06-24-2014, 05:33 AM
Yup - we love Sept too :thumbsup:

Crowds are manageable (I wouldn't say light) because it is a popular time to go... but we never wait for rides. Longest wait was probably 10 mins in the years past.

Have fun and see everyone down there!! :vacation:

etibbetts
06-24-2014, 08:20 AM
We typically go in September. We're going this year 9/13-9/27. It's not as slow as it use to be. Disney Marketing certainly does a good job. However, it's slower than summer or other times of the year. Just don't expect that you'll be walking onto everything.

It will still be very hot. There are typically afternoon showers, so bring your poncho. That can be the best time to enjoy the parks as others clear out.

DKA041177
06-24-2014, 08:50 AM
Thanks for the advice. We will bring plenty of water and sunscreen!

Mfarquar
06-24-2014, 12:16 PM
I agree with all the previous posts! When we go to Disney, we always do September - usually the dates you mention.

Because of the free dining promotion, you will find that the restaurants are more crowded than the rides! I think we had much more trouble with dining reservations than we did with lines. Obviously, the restaurant crowds are manageable but don't expect them to be like they were years ago where you could just stroll in to almost anyplace or get a reservation that day for your #1 choice. The crowds are light, but not that light :) :) :)

kohlby
07-06-2014, 09:36 PM
We're doing Sept for the first time this year, so not remarks on the weather specifically for that time. However, one year, there was a very warm day in November and we had to change our normal touring and go back to the pool. The humidity was just too much. We live in SC/GA so we're no strangers to humidity - but it was so oppressive that day. So, just be prepared to be flexible if needed.

My husband and I did Disney before we got married a couple of times. Three years in a row, we went over Christmas break - so the busiest time of the year, so busy that they didn't let anymore people in some days. And we had a great time every time! Doing Disney with just the two of us was so easy, even with high crowds. You should be just fine in Sept.

As for F&W, we went to Epcot two years ago on a non-recommended day due to crowds. It was the last Sat of F&W. However, the park was the least crowded I've ever seen it for the first several hours! Take advantage of rope drop and you'll get a lot done.

PopPhan
07-07-2014, 11:50 AM
One of my favorite times to visit. Very warm and humid, but not 'ungodly' hot. Like others have said, stay hydrated!

Crowd levels are generally moderate until Food and Wine starts (this year a bit earlier - Sept. 19)...

Enjoy your trip!!!!

texas211
07-07-2014, 08:57 PM
We've gone this time of year a couple of times. It's great, especially with the perk for the food and wine festival. Only real negative, is it tends to be rainier.