PDA

View Full Version : Question on Annual Passholder Magicband and Discount Card

kms1066heb
06-14-2014, 06:53 PM
I am a FL Premium Annual Passholder and had converted my AP card to the magicband and received a discount card a few months before it was time to renew my AP. I renewed my AP this month, but I did not receive the discount card in the mail. I went to the MK ticket window today, not intending to visit the park and presented my email certificate for my AP renewal and asked for my discount card. I was told that I didn't need a discount card, just swipe my magicband. However, according to the Disney website, I still have to use a discount card for benefits like free parking, dining discounts, shopping discounts, etc.

So, I am confused. How do I access the AP benefits if I need a card but didn't get the card? It's also not helpful that AP help line is only available M-F 8-8, so I can't call anyone to get the correct information.

Can anyone give me the correct information? Can you now use your magicband to receive your AP benefits and discounts or do you still need the additional discount card? If you need the discount card, where do I get the card from?

Thanks.

VWL Mom
06-14-2014, 07:28 PM
Everything on the Disney site still says you need a discount card. I was unable to find anyone reporting a change either. I would give them a call on Monday, it appears the CM may have been mistaken.

CanadianWDWFan
06-14-2014, 08:48 PM
When we got our AP's and had them linked to our MB's at Guest Services, they told us that we still had to carry our AP's if we wanted to get any AP benefits. We were given the AP cards by the Guest Services CM.

AgentC
06-15-2014, 02:16 AM
I renewed my daughters pass last month and was still given the plastic annual card. I never got the discount found since it seems to be silly to me to have a band, a hard ticket and a discount card. I would request one the next time you go back.

VWL Mom
06-15-2014, 06:33 AM
Everything on the Disney site still says you need a discount card. .

I should have said either an AP card or the discount card. From the pass holder site:

Q.
I am an Annual Passholder with a MagicBand, a Passholder card and a Passholder discount card. What should I bring to the Walt Disney World theme parks?
A.
Please bring either your Passholder card or both your MagicBand and Passholder discount card—along with a valid photo ID, such as a driver’s license or passport.

I never bothered to open my AP Magic Band box when it came but just did. After taking out the block that holds the bands there was a blue envelope underneath that has the discount cards. Never wold have thought to look had I not seen this post.

Hog
06-15-2014, 10:10 AM
Just a quick off topic... sorry, but if you buy annual passes at the gate do you get magic bands? Or do you have to buy the separate or what? Thanks

VWL Mom
06-15-2014, 12:51 PM
Just a quick off topic... sorry, but if you buy annual passes at the gate do you get magic bands? Or do you have to buy the separate or what? Thanks

AP holders now get the bands. You do not need to buy them. Unless you order your AP in advance I would think they are the plain ones.

AgentC
06-15-2014, 07:00 PM

AP holders now get the bands. You do not need to buy them. Unless you order your AP in advance I would think they are the plain ones.

When I renewed my daughter's pass last month, they gave me a card explaining FP+ and how to order a magic band. I only received the pass holder card.

Imalismom
06-22-2014, 10:19 AM
Having come just come back from a quick trip to WDW - we did INDEED have to show our AP card (hard plastic card) to get the free parking, AND any AP discount at a store. Although we had to card tied to a magic band, just having the magic band did not work (we found this out the hard way after leaving the AP card in the car since we had the magic band). They also checked an id to make sure the name of the AP matched the person doing the purchasing/parking.

floridamom
06-24-2014, 01:53 PM
We were sent AP magic bands, plus AP RFID cards, plus AP discount cards. I think you just got some bad info from that one CM.

We did find we had to carry the AP RFID cards, because DDs magicband kept going to "sleep" and showing no ticket and it was easier to just scan/tap the card at the park entrance than be sent to guest services. Eventually we did go to a guest services location when we had a few extra minutes and they fixed it, but there's no guarantee it won't happen again.