PDA

View Full Version : Email saying FP+ cancelled

eandrsmom
06-13-2014, 09:25 PM
I just got an email saying my FP+ for The Festival of Fantasy Parade was cancelled. I spoke with an agent, and she told me that they were canceling all FP+ for parades and fireworks around the Fourth of July holiday. She said that they couldn't limit the space due to the expected crowds.

yankeesfan123
06-14-2014, 08:11 AM
Bummer! Tis life though! Disney (and others) has canceled entire cruises for people before!

Sounds like a decision from upper brass, but it's nice to see that they contacted you and actually gave you an answer as to why when you called!

Reedy Creek Buccaneer
06-14-2014, 08:22 AM
You should call back and ask for double FP+ to accommodate your loss! Can't hurt to try!

eandrsmom
06-14-2014, 09:19 AM
I totally understand why they decided to do this. The agent that I spoke with was very helpful. I'm just glad that they notified me well enough in advance to add something else. I imagine that there are going to be some unhappy people who think they've got a nice spot to view fireworks, and when they arrive, they will be out of luck.

DizneyRox
06-14-2014, 05:48 PM
One of the worst days to view the fireworks shows, so a FP would really help, and no go. Boo!

Although I'd hate to be the CM(s) having to enforce the FP+ zone. They have a hard enough time keeping the waking paths clear on a normal day. I know people come to blows about fireworks/parade spots.

pixiesmimi
06-16-2014, 10:17 PM
We went on the 3rd of July a couple of years ago and the crowds for fireworks was horrendous! People just kept squeezing in where there was no space and trying to shove us out of the way. It was not a fun place to be. The fireworks were good but the viewing area was not. FP+ for that would be great. Too bad they cancelled it but I can understand why.