PDA

View Full Version : Direct to Room Test arrivals June 16-28 (select resorts)

Tink1
06-13-2014, 03:51 PM
This month, a test will take place at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels. This test involves a new potential service that could allow you to go directly to your hotel room once it is ready, without visiting the front desk.

This test will be conducted for arrivals June 16-28, 2014 at the following Walt Disney World Resort hotels:

Disney’s Contemporary Resort
Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside
Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter
Disney’s Pop Century Resort
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas – Jambo House and Kidani Village
If you are staying at one of these Resort hotels and arriving on the dates above, you must first link your reservation on StartYourDisneyExperience.com and confirm the shipping address to receive your MagicBands at home. Disney will send an email before you arrive explaining the details and benefits of this test.

In order to participate in this test, you will need to use Disney online check-in service, provide your estimated arrival time, a credit card to be used for incidentals and other charges once you arrive, and contact information. You should also make sure to consent to receive email or text message alerts so you can receive notification of your room number when it is ready.

cer
06-13-2014, 04:02 PM
Very neat...if it works. I am in favor of anything that will shorten the check-in lines.

cer
06-13-2014, 04:24 PM
Same here, I'd like easier online check-in, but...I LIKE the lobbies!
They're your first dose of atmosphere once you get off the bus.

I am with you. I love the lobbies, too - but there are times the check in process can be so brutal - even if you did the on-line check-in. If this helps to relieve even some of that....:thumbsup:

mickclub1955
06-13-2014, 09:19 PM
I would only think that this would work well for experienced Disney guests. I can't see a newbie doing this unless they email you a map of the resort and explain exactly where your room is. Some of these resorts are so spread out I could see people wandering around the resorts just looking for their rooms/building. I am not a newbie and still like the check in process just to get my bearings. I did like the online check in process and it wasn't bad at all at Pop in January.

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-13-2014, 09:51 PM
I love this idea! But, since they don't ship Magic Bands to us international folk, we're stuck checking in.

Still, I loved the CM with the iPad last year, we didn't even have to go to the counter ... super quick!

steamboat willy
06-14-2014, 08:35 AM
Same here, I'd like easier online check-in, but...I LIKE the lobbies!
They're your first dose of atmosphere once you get off the bus.

:ditto:

I Want My Lobby Time Too! Whether you just finished a 10 Hour Drive or just got off the ME Bus, the Lobby is the first place we get some Disney Magic! :tink:
You learn so much in the Lobby from Park Hours to Movies Under The Stars list...and the Kid's like to go set and watch the Disney Cartoons. :mickey:
No Express Check In for Us.

brownie
06-14-2014, 04:16 PM
I'm liking this. I hope they're able to make it work, and work out all the bugs before rolling it out.

Septbride2002
06-15-2014, 10:54 AM
I like the idea - this will allow us to let my husband and kids into the room to start getting changed for the pool or just relaxing out of site while I go down to the lobby to do any credit card or misc items that need to be taken care of. I always find it so stressful to keep the little ones entertained while I spend 10 to 15 minutes at the desk taking care of business.

LudwigVonDrake
06-18-2014, 04:36 PM
This will only work if everyone gets a resort map e-mailed/texted to you when you get the room assignment. Otherwise you'll have people wandering around looking for their rooms :mickey:

yankeesfan123
06-18-2014, 09:02 PM
You'll obviously have the option of visiting the front desk at any time if you have any questions or need assistance.