PDA

View Full Version : Upgrades??

slpngbty56
06-12-2014, 08:24 PM
Just curious, but it has been a while since I have been on the boards and I was wondering..... does Disney still do "Magical Upgrades" at resort check in?? I would love to hear any stories related to your magical experiences on Disney Property.:mickey:

faline
06-12-2014, 08:47 PM
I've heard of some from time to time.

Strmchsr
06-13-2014, 01:28 PM
Occasionally but it's very rare. Usually it happens during the busier times when one of the resorts might be overbooked.

cer
06-13-2014, 02:50 PM
I received a complimentary upgrade once. It was May 2006 and we were staying at All Star Music. We were upgraded from our standard room to a preferred room location.

It was not a fairy tale upgrade to a Moderate or Deluxe resort, but it was an upgrade, none the less.

magicofdisney
06-13-2014, 06:27 PM
I received a magical upgrade over the phone. It was April of 2008 and I got a call from Disney about 2 days before check-in. We were booked at POR and they asked if we minded being moved over to The Grand Floridian. After about 2 seconds of stunned silence, I emphatically agreed. :mickey:

lawgirl
06-13-2014, 09:25 PM
For our honeymoon in 2009, we had a standard room at AKL (the cheapest), and upon check in were upgraded to a King room overlooking the main savannah. It was pretty amazing.

The best ever upgrade story was back in the '70's. My dad and his sister were driving through Florida, and ended up at Disney, at the Contemporary. They didn't have reservations. Pulled up, asked if there were any rooms available, and since there were no standard rooms, they were upgraded to the presidential suite at the top...they were both completely amazed, but back then really had no idea what it was all about...OMG if only I had been there! I'm quite sure this would not happen today, but it was a different world back then!

BrerGnat
06-14-2014, 09:09 AM
I was upgraded from a Standard room at the Boardwalk to Club Level. There was a wedding and the group needed more Standard rooms blocked off so we got bumped up. The best part about it was that I had already gotten a 40% room discount so staying Club Level for what we paid was quite a treat!

SuzieBell
06-15-2014, 10:22 AM
We checked into POR on 6/5, paid for a Garden View, we did on-line check in and when we arrived our room was not ready, but they said they upgraded up to a pool view! It was Magical for us!

SteveO
06-15-2014, 04:18 PM
I've been very fortunate to have upgrades my last two visits. I have to preface this by stating that on both visits I was a party of 1; I think my upgrades had more to do with putting me where they could accommodate someone else easier OR they felt sorry for me. Both were in the past 4 years and these upgrades were unprompted by me.

Upgrade 1 was from a standard view at the Wilderness Lodge to a King Woods view and Upgrade 2 was from a standard view at the Yacht Club (are you ready......) to CLUB LEVEL! Very nice and very much appreciated. I don't think I'll ever forget how nice that surprise was. I could never really justify the expense for Club Level but gosh it's pretty sweet.