PDA

View Full Version : 65 points??

Mackflava99
06-09-2014, 04:49 PM
We have 65 points that we banked from last year that we cannot use. My wife can't travel this year due to medical reasons, so I banked my 2014 points for next year.

BUT - that 65 points is now wasted, I don't know what to do with them? I guess i am going to lose them.

Not sure its worth selling - Why would anyone want SPR 65 points ? I have no experience, but I assume they are not in demand..

Any advice would be appreciated..

VWL Mom
06-09-2014, 05:07 PM
If you are more than 3 months from the end of your use year you should try to rent them out. Our sponsor The Timeshare Store would be one outlet, Davids would be another. I'm not sure about TSS but I know Davids requires a 95 point minimum so you would have to borrow some.

Sorry your wife isn't feeling well, wishing a speedy recovery.

Mackflava99
06-11-2014, 10:59 AM
Ok, thanks.

I found out i may have to go to Orlando for work in Aug- maybe i can find a way to use them then.

:)

TracyL
07-04-2014, 12:30 PM
When do they expire exactly? I don't think I could personally use them, but as a Florida local and DVC member, I do actually use small amounts of points for short weekend stays. I bet I'm not the only one. I would try being noisy in forums where there are a lot of passholders who may be local, and see if anyone could use them. Even if you ended up having to sell them at a low price, it'd be better than losing them altogether, and someone could enjoy a few nice days at a resort.

lawgirl
07-19-2014, 04:27 PM
Hey! I just saw your post regarding your DVC points. The past few years we've been renting through the DVC Rental Store. They are always looking for DVC members to sell their points. And they also can do last minute specials for expiring points. They have always been so professional, and extremely prompt. They have a great website, and I've always been impressed with their rental contracts. I would definitely email them to see if they would be interested in your points. I usually work with Lauren, or Paul is the manager / owner I believe. They just received a BBB award. Good luck!

lawgirl
07-19-2014, 04:30 PM
Also one more thing. We usually do a short trip each year, then a longer one in Dec. For Sept I think we ended up renting 38 points for a really quick trip. I'm quite sure the DVC Rental Store would be interested. It's worth emailing for sure.