PDA

View Full Version : Disney turning away our money?????

4disneynuts
06-08-2014, 02:15 PM
Wow I am not a happy camper right now. We have a ressie for my DH, DD, DDB, myself and an infant for November with the free dining at CBR. We have now made the decision it will be too cramped for all of us in one room so we were going to get another room (room only ressie) and keep all of us on the original ressie so we could keep our free dining. (FYI all the rooms at CBR with the free dining are booked).

I just spoke with Disney reservations and was told we COULD NOT, that's right, could not get a room only ressie and stay on our existing ressie. We would have to take our names off the current reservation, therefore losing our free dining, to be on the new ressie. Apparently your name can only be attached to one room.

I am very surprised that they don't want my $1,200 that I was going to pay for a preferred room only ressie.

Guess we will just make due and make the best of it.

VWL Mom
06-08-2014, 02:30 PM
I'm not surprised. When you originally posted I had a feeling there had to be at least one person associated to that room. Sorry it didn't work out for you but I would keep checking back. Is there a room only discount available at that time? Maybe you could get that and switch one person over.

DizneyRox
06-08-2014, 02:38 PM
That's strange, and seems things have changed in recent years. I have added people with room only reservations to my DVC reservations with the sole intent on them getting access to services provided on my reservation (concierge). It wasn't a problem, they got keys to my room access to the lounge, etc.

Maybe because of the disconnect between the DVC and normal reservation systems.

I'd keep the money and run, surprised that Disney doesn't want it.

If you wanted, try to book the room under your first and middle name together to get around any system limitations they might have. I'm sure there's a way... Heck, I am about 99% sure they would allow you to book it online no questions asked. If that didn't work, you'd have to pick my jaw up off the floor!

4disneynuts
06-08-2014, 03:00 PM
I might have found a way around it!!!

I just did some number crunching and if they come out with a room only discount I will take my name off the original ressie, get a room package (yes pay for my dining) leave my DH on the other ressie so he gets his free dining and he will just stay in my room. It would actually be $200 less to do it this way than if we got just a room only ressie. Go figure.

Only problem we might have is his magic band won't work on our room door. Does anyone know if I can still get a key to the world card and have my magic band. That way he could just use the KTTW card?

retiredfigment
06-08-2014, 03:15 PM
When you talk to a cast member, ask for the email address of customer service. Send an email with your complaint.

SBETigg
06-08-2014, 03:25 PM
Have you tried more than once? Sometimes you get a cast member who really doesn't know what they can do. A different CM might have done this for other guests and be more knowledgeable on how to help you. Perhaps try Magical Journeys and see what they can do for you. They're great to work with, don't charge you for their services, and they can work with existing reservations. They can at least give you the right answer on your ability to do this, if it's possible, and how to work the reservations out to your satisfaction.

mamatedd
06-09-2014, 05:10 AM
Have you tried more than once? Sometimes you get a cast member who really doesn't know what they can do. A different CM might have done this for other guests and be more knowledgeable on how to help you. Perhaps try Magical Journeys and see what they can do for you. They're great to work with, don't charge you for their services, and they can work with existing reservations. They can at least give you the right answer on your ability to do this, if it's possible, and how to work the reservations out to your satisfaction.

Just seconding Sherri's advice here. I had a very frustrating conversation with a very unhelpful CM a couple of weeks ago. I wanted to tweak our reservations and she assured me it was impossible. I hung up, called back, got different CM who did what I wanted and found me a deal/ discount. :confused: Keep trying, and good luck!

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-09-2014, 08:23 AM
I would go through Magical Journeys and see if they can work their magic for you.

VWL Mom
06-09-2014, 09:36 AM
Just a random thought but have you looked into getting a 1 bedroom villa with free dining? Rates may be similar since your looking at 2 mod rooms @ rack rate. OKW might have the CBR feel.

Kristallc
06-09-2014, 07:58 PM
My name is on two rooms. I had booked myself and kids, then added another room for my dad. They applied free dining to their room too.

jonahbear2006
06-10-2014, 02:39 AM
you could wait til after you check in and the package "explodes," then tell them you want to book another room under your husbands name bc the rooms are cramped. At that point, they can't take the dining away from you bc the dining is no longer associated with the room reservation.

BrerGnat
06-10-2014, 08:13 AM
My name is on two rooms. I had booked myself and kids, then added another room for my dad. They applied free dining to their room too.

My guess is that the other room is in your dad's name, even if you booked it.

4disneynuts
06-17-2014, 01:57 PM
**Update**

Well after trying several avenues and speaking to several different people it is not possible to have your name attached to 2 different rooms. Each person is only allowed to have their name attached to one room.

So my hope is that they will come out with a room only discount (bookable as a package) and then I will just book a package with dining with the room discount and take myself off the original ressie with free dining. Its kind of a pain but it will work for us.

I guess I need to plan better in the future! LOL:mickey:

miltimo5
06-17-2014, 01:59 PM
cant you just reserve the room and put someone else's name on the ressie...move them from your ressie to the room only...will look like one person only in that room....

4disneynuts
06-17-2014, 02:40 PM
cant you just reserve the room and put someone else's name on the ressie...move them from your ressie to the room only...will look like one person only in that room....

No because each person has to be listed for the free dining. So if they are in the original room with the free dining I can't put a different room under their name. :(