PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Dinner

DDoftwo
06-08-2014, 07:14 AM
What's your favorite/best restaurant on the dining plan for Christmas dinner. We are on the deluxe plan and will be arriving Christmas Day. Plan on relaxing and not going to parks on arrival day. Looking for recommendations in the resorts Or Downtown Disney. Have a 9 yr old and 4 yr old.

99-AllStar Movies
03-Pop Century
05-Animal Kingdom
O9-AllStar Movies
14-AllStar Movies (Dec)

VWL Mom
06-08-2014, 11:50 AM
We had originally planned to go Christmas Day this year but it was pushed back a few days. For me, Wilderness Lodge would be the choice. The decorated lobby is so pretty and exudes warmth.

Since you are on the DlxDdp I'm not sure if you were looking for 1 or 2 TS. Whispering Canyon does have a special Christmas menu and is more relaxed for the 4 year old. Their signature restaurant, Artist Point, offers a regular menu but IMO the setting would be perfect for Christmas Dinner.

buzznwoodysmom
06-08-2014, 12:38 PM
California Grill might be nice for Christmas dinner. You could try to schedule it during Wishes and get to see the fireworks without dealing with the park crowds.

We had our Christmas dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe a few years ago. It was mainly because we were staying at Wilderness Lodge and it made for an easy dinner. I agree that visiting WL during Christmas is a must! It's so beautiful. If your looking for a bit nicer meal you could try their signature restaurant, Artist Point.

Another suggestion is to have dinner at the resort you are staying at. This way you can settle in, relax, and not have to worry about transportation or fighting crowds anywhere.

Or you could do one of the dinner shows. If you do Hoop De Doo you may get to see some of the campers decorations. Many of them go all out for Christmas! It's almost an attraction in itself.

Kairi_7378
06-08-2014, 07:12 PM
I second the recommendation for Artists Point. Wilderness lodge is the most Christmas-y of the resorts, IMO. I would also consider dinner at Narcoose.