PDA

View Full Version : Beauty and the Beast Live Action Movie

Patricia
06-06-2014, 03:04 PM
With the success of Maleficent and the upcoming Cinderella and Jungle Book live action movies, we should prepare for more of the same. A week after the release of "Maleficent," which grossed $170 million worldwide in its opening weekend, Disney has reportedly tapped Bill Condon to direct a live-action version of "Beauty and the Beast."

What are some of your thoughts on this?

:unsure:

mickclub1955
06-07-2014, 12:43 PM
Just like with everything else Disney has done, like straight to video release sequels, it will run this new theme into to the ground. Anything to make a buck.;)

DizneyFreak2002
07-31-2014, 06:51 PM
Nothing wrong with live action movies made from the animated movies... Creativity in Hollywood is dead anyway... Need something to fill the pipeline LOL..

Just wondering where this leaves movies based on the attractions... They had Jungle Cruise in the pipeline... Haunted Mansion as well... Yes, like everyone else, Disney has forgotten the horrid movie with Eddie Murphy... Big Thunder Mountain Railroad was first to be a movie, then a TV show, hence the story change to the attractions... But that seems to either be dead or put on hold... And didn't they recently film in WDW's Tomorrowland for a movie of the same name?

ransam
09-04-2014, 03:21 AM
I have forgotten how bad Haunted Mansion was. I saw it and thought it sucked. I watched it again later thinking maybe I was just not getting it (I have watched a few movies and didn't like them, but watched them later and I actually ended up liking them)... didn't work with Haunted Mansion. Still a bad movie.

Patricia
01-26-2015, 03:50 PM
From Disney Studios today:
Emma Watson is joining Disney's live-action version of Beauty and the Beast as the lead character Belle.

Let's hope they do a good job with this. :thumbsup:

PirateLover
02-04-2015, 04:56 PM
Emma Watson gave some quotes about needing to start her vocal lessons and how she can't believe she gets to dance to "Be Our Guest" and sing "Something There." So is this an actual adaptation of the animated film vs an alternative story as we've seen with the others?

Katzateer
03-08-2015, 08:15 AM
Anyone else excited about the choice of the actor playing the Beast? Downton Abbey is certainly "sharing" a lot of actors with Disney these days. Did Disney invest in PBS? Lol

TinkerbellT421
03-08-2015, 11:10 AM
It might be me. But I'm really enjoying the live action idea with the movies. They are putting spins on them and I think broadening their fan base by doing this, especially with the adult fans.

SBETigg
03-08-2015, 02:43 PM
Anyone else excited about the choice of the actor playing the Beast? Downton Abbey is certainly "sharing" a lot of actors with Disney these days. Did Disney invest in PBS? Lol

I'm eager to see Cinderella and I think Beauty and the Beast will be great, too. Good casting. There's clearly an audience for it, and why not? As long as they do a good job of it (unlike the Haunted Mansion movie).

Melanie
03-08-2015, 03:24 PM
I'm hearing that Cinderella is just a straight telling of the story we all know and love. No spin. I'm disappointed to hear that.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
03-08-2015, 10:59 PM
I'm hearing that Cinderella is just a straight telling of the story we all know and love. No spin. I'm disappointed to hear that.

Isn't there a bit more of an "origins" spin to it? At least I thought I heard something about that.