PDA

View Full Version : Air Fare

DDoftwo
06-05-2014, 09:35 AM
So we decided to fly this time, When we took DD for her 5th birthday we lived closer and normally like to take time on the drive. This trip for DS 5th and Christmas all wrap into one, we did not want to spend a day and a half in the car. So what airline seems to be the cheapest and should we book now or wait and see if fares go lower. We are going the 26th of Dec thru Jan 2nd. I now this is a prime travel time. Just was not for sure if anyone has seen fares lower closer to the time of departure

99-All Star Movies
03-Pop Century
05-Animal Kingdom
09-All Star Movies
14- All Star Music (Dec)

faline
06-05-2014, 09:46 AM
That's one of the busiest times of year to fly so I would not wait too long to book airfare or you may not find any seats available. Prices will be at a premium and may very well go up as you get closer to this period of time.

I'm not sure what your home airport is and what airlines serve you there. We typically fly on JetBlue as their fares are usually relatively decent and we can get direct flights into Orlando. We have sometimes flown Southwest simply because they had the best prices we could find. You might want to use a site like Kayak to compare prices - be aware though that you will not see all airlines on sites like this one. It will, however, give you a starting point to figure out what it might cost. Some airlines, such at JetBlue and Southwest, will provide you with a credit towards future flights if the cost goes down after you book.

princessgirls
06-05-2014, 09:51 AM
I second what Faline has posted. Check Kayak, and hotwire, and if your airport has JetBlue or Southwest service with direct flights to Orlando, they are usually the best fares.

Good Luck!
Julie:mickey:

mydisneygirls
06-05-2014, 10:51 AM
Those are probably the two most expensive days to fly, aside from around Thanksgiving. You might want to check the airfare for the 25th and fly down late at night and see if you can find a hotel that has a room for one night at a reasonable rate. Not a lot of people fly on Christmas Day and the fares are cheaper.

titleistboy
06-16-2014, 08:36 PM
We pretty much only fly Southwest any more, mainly because you get 2 free checked bags per ticket (figure about $40 each way per bag with most other airlines) and they have (in our experience) the best customer service in the industry...