PDA

View Full Version : Disney Villains Hard Ticket Event

DizneyFreak2002
06-04-2014, 07:02 PM
August 23, 2014 DHS will host another Disney Villains hard ticket event... Titled "Villains Unleashed", this hard ticket event is made possible due to the huge success of last year's Limited Time Magic event... Tickets should be going on sale this week, with more details of the event to come...

DVC/AP tickets sales may start tomorrow 6/5/2014; Prices could be starting at around $67 for advanced sales, and around $71 for same day for adults, tickets for children may be $5.00 less that adult prices... This is DVC/AP pricing...

General public tickets: no prices yet, and no sale date yet...

Last year's event was free... Will be interesting to see how people feel about paying for the event this time... My gut feeling is people will pay for it... The Disney Villains are such an untapped market for Disney... And more popular than I think they imagined...

If all goes well, this could wind up being a Halloween event for DHS along with MNSSHP in MK....

joanna71985
06-04-2014, 08:45 PM
I'm considering going

DizneyFreak2002
06-04-2014, 10:13 PM
Public tickets could go on sale June 9...

MizMissy
06-04-2014, 10:39 PM
I think the Villians are definitely an untapped market. That Disney will start tapping into quickly.
However, can you imagine ... A hard ticket Halloween event for MK, a separate hard ticket event for DHS, AK closes early because that's what AK does ... So everyone else piles into Epcot (possibly with Food and Wine going on)?
Sigh.

DizneyFreak2002
06-05-2014, 09:59 AM
Tickets on sale today... If you are interested in buying tickets, call only at the moment... Website is having server issues...

rjmdds
06-05-2014, 10:17 AM
This news made my day yesterday. That is our second day there and we are sooooooo excited to attend. We were hoping that the early rumors of an August 29th MNSSHP were true only to be disappointed. But this MORE than makes up for it. We can't wait. I already shifted around my schedule and booked an early ADR dinner at 50's Prime Time to be in the park with bellies full for the event!!

There are so many characters on our lit that we will be able to see.

DizneyFreak2002
06-05-2014, 10:40 AM
This news made my day yesterday. That is our second day there and we are sooooooo excited to attend. We were hoping that the early rumors of an August 29th MNSSHP were true only to be disappointed. But this MORE than makes up for it. We can't wait. I already shifted around my schedule and booked an early ADR dinner at 50's Prime Time to be in the park with bellies full for the event!!

There are so many characters on our lit that we will be able to see.

Hope you bought your tickets already for this event... :)

Christine
06-05-2014, 04:40 PM
One day. One. And instead of the one nighter last hear that was free. Hmmmm. At least mnsshp you have several chances to get there.
I live here. I'm free that night. I still don't know if I'll do it
And today tockets are only on sale for AP holders and DVC members. June 9 is open to public.
I've looked at it all day and I'm just not sure about it.
It's cheaper and easier to just pay for the tower of terror after party ;)

drosenbe
06-05-2014, 05:33 PM
My DD will be thrilled if it is running during October. She loves the villains and currently has no place to see them, except for the brief meet during MNSSHP (the Villains shop at DHS really has little to do with the classic villains any more).

And....i'm sure that Disney sees all those dollars heading over the that Universal place during Halloween and wants some of that money back in its parks. The Villains night will be no where near as scary as I suppose Hollywood Horror Nights is (I'm too much of a weenie to go, myself), but hopefully will have a little more of an edge (The mickey's just a little more scary Halloween party?)

DizneyFreak2002
06-05-2014, 06:35 PM
This is one day, for now... I really think they are using this as a test to see if people are really willing to pay for such an event... Then we'll see some Halloween dates either this year or a full blown Villains party at DHS next year...

rjmdds
06-06-2014, 08:54 AM
Looks like I'm shot down again. I've gone from the ultimate high to the ultimate low as rumors abound that the event is sold out. Not being a DVC or AP holder makes me have to wait until Monday. My only hope is that they held a few back for the general public. Otherwise it turns out to be just an AP/DVC perk. That is fine, it is just torture for me to think I will be there knowing that it is going on and can't do a thing about it.

cer
06-06-2014, 09:14 AM
Looks like I'm shot down again. I've gone from the ultimate high to the ultimate low as rumors abound that the event is sold out. Not being a DVC or AP holder makes me have to wait until Monday. My only hope is that they held a few back for the general public. Otherwise it turns out to be just an AP/DVC perk. That is fine, it is just torture for me to think I will be there knowing that it is going on and can't do a thing about it.

Don't give up. My experiences are that they only pre-sale so many. We were locked out of an AP pre-sale for a runDisney event, so that just meant we had to be at the ready when the event opened to the public and got registered then.

So you are right, they may have sold out, but it is likely only the pre-sale.

Katzateer
06-06-2014, 12:08 PM
I was able to get 2 tickets today!:thumbsup:

joanna71985
06-06-2014, 06:39 PM
Public tickets could go on sale June 9...

I'm terrified it's going to sell out before I can try to get one

mickeyman42
06-07-2014, 07:40 AM
ok so 1 week after stomping all over hard ticket events in the podcast thread, I bought 4 tickets to the villians unleashed event last night. even though the regular disney website had the link gone and was simply saying " check back closer to the date", I went in to the DVC members website and got access to the link that way and was able to go in and buy my tickets. now I already had put them in the cart, so I dont know if that may have had something to do with being able to finish my transaction,i dont know....

anyways, I know its going to be crazy busy, and my family will probably not enjoy the mobs of people and long lines for characters,food, and staking out a decent spot for shows hours ahead of time, but I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to take part in this event. this just felt like something I (yes me, a 32 year old man) would regret not doing once we were there, and $67 was better than $120 for Harambe nights so there, take that.

Christine
06-07-2014, 11:52 AM
ok so 1 week after stomping all over hard ticket events in the podcast thread, I bought 4 tickets to the villians unleashed event last night. even though the regular disney website had the link gone and was simply saying " check back closer to the date", I went in to the DVC members website and got access to the link that way and was able to go in and buy my tickets. now I already had put them in the cart, so I dont know if that may have had something to do with being able to finish my transaction,i dont know....

anyways, I know its going to be crazy busy, and my family will probably not enjoy the mobs of people and long lines for characters,food, and staking out a decent spot for shows hours ahead of time, but I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to take part in this event. this just felt like something I (yes me, a 32 year old man) would regret not doing once we were there, and $67 was better than $120 for Harambe nights so there, take that.

No I totally understand where you're coming from. I stomp all over these extra special exclusive events too. But when one strikes your fancy, you gotta go for it. Like I said if they had a $150 Mary poppins event I'd be SO there! But it wouldn't change my opinion that I don't like these events as a whole. I hope you have a super fun time!!! :malef::jack:

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-09-2014, 06:54 PM
Sigh. We passed on this one. There was quite the discussion in our house, especially since it fell on a basically "free" night during our trip.

The cost was a factor, as was my fear of crazy crowds; I didn't want to pay extra just to stand in lines all night and not get much done.

Hope everyone who goes has a GREAT time!

joanna71985
06-09-2014, 09:22 PM
I got my ticket!

rjmdds
06-09-2014, 09:36 PM
Me too! I'm in and I'm psyched.

cer
06-09-2014, 10:24 PM
Me too! I'm in and I'm psyched.

Yay! I am so glad it worked out for you!

mickeyman42
06-10-2014, 05:46 AM
I also managed to snag an ADR for 50's PTC for 5:30pm! so does anyone actually know what to expect from this party? I'm assuming lots of character M&G's and "dance parties" and fireworks, but will there be a show, or shows? a parade? basically what else will there be to do besides line up for character, after character? There really isn't much specific info available from what I can find.

DizneyFreak2002
06-10-2014, 03:36 PM
I also managed to snag an ADR for 50's PTC for 5:30pm! so does anyone actually know what to expect from this party? I'm assuming lots of character M&G's and "dance parties" and fireworks, but will there be a show, or shows? a parade? basically what else will there be to do besides line up for character, after character? There really isn't much specific info available from what I can find.

In the announcement, they listed "Oogie Boogie's Variety Show" and "Hades Hangout & Dance Party"... The fireworks show will be called "Villainy In The Skies"... There will also be a villain inspired preshow to Fantasmic... and obviously M&G's...

Pirate Granny
06-10-2014, 10:38 PM
We were there for the Friday 13th last year. Had dinner reservations, fantasmic ADR, and it was just too crazy...by 4pm there were 200 people in line to buy a T-shirt that wasn't dated and generic. All rides / shows behind the hat were closed an hour before the fireworks...that left very little to do in a very small area! We left at 9pm, and watched the fireworks from the sidewalk outside of the boardwalk. We were lucky to score a studio at the boardwalk, so we avoided the bus nightmares. Not much to offer for that kind of $$$.

rjmdds
06-11-2014, 08:25 AM
We were there for the Friday 13th last year. Had dinner reservations, fantasmic ADR, and it was just too crazy...by 4pm there were 200 people in line to buy a T-shirt that wasn't dated and generic. All rides / shows behind the hat were closed an hour before the fireworks...that left very little to do in a very small area! We left at 9pm, and watched the fireworks from the sidewalk outside of the boardwalk. We were lucky to score a studio at the boardwalk, so we avoided the bus nightmares. Not much to offer for that kind of $$$.

The hope is that Disney learned a lot from that experience and will better be able to accommodate the crowds since it is a limited ticket event. I am sure they do not want to have that type of problem again. I am sure they will be better prepared this time around.