PDA

View Full Version : Columbus Day Crowds

JabberJaws
06-03-2014, 10:33 AM
Going down that weekend in October. I know some schools get Columbus Day off, some don't. Does anyone know if the holiday has any significant impact on crowds? Enough that I should look at another weekend in Oct, or not enough to matter?

Thanks!

faline
06-03-2014, 10:39 AM
October crowds have increased in general - particularly around the Food & Wine Festival in Epcot. With good planning, this weekend should be doable but you certainly won't have the parks to yourselves!!

JabberJaws
06-03-2014, 10:46 AM
Yeah I do miss the old days when October was one of the lightest times of the year. I remember as a kid when me and my family would go during October the parks would be near dead. Walk on to basically everything. Now those times of the year are very few and far between, if at all.

Thanks for the info! I didn't think Columbus Day would make it any busier than any other Oct weekend. We're seasoned FP vets (though this will be my first time with FP+) so I think we'll be alright.

faline
06-03-2014, 11:08 AM
[QUOTE=JabberJaws;2417538]Yeah I do miss the old days when October was one of the lightest times of the year. I remember as a kid when me and my family would go during October the parks would be near dead. Walk on to basically everything. Now those times of the year are very few and far between, if at all./QUOTE]

So very true!!

Susan A
06-03-2014, 03:37 PM
I've been during Columbus Day week through the Sunday before.
We had early dinner reservations at the Magic kingdom on the Saturday of Columbus Day weekend.
Wow! We passed under the train station onto Main Street and it was busy. Noticeably more crowded that during the week. I couldn't figure out why, and then I remembered the holiday.
:mickey: