PDA

View Full Version : FastPass+ Attraction List and Suggested Priorities

mesaboy2
06-02-2014, 11:35 PM
What follows is a modified version of a post I wrote and have maintained since July 2013 on another Disney fan site. On a couple of occasions it has been copied to posts here on Intercot. It is my intention to keep this post up-to-date here as well. Mods are welcome to make this a sticky if desired.

--------------------------------------------------------------

FastPass+ Attraction Priorities

My take, for what it's worth, on priorities for those attractions that offer FP+.

These rankings are based on my experience with all WDW attractions and familiarity with each one's popularity and capacity. These rankings are only meant to be an objective list of which FP+ selections have the potential to save the most guests the most time under most conditions. They do not reflect my own preferences with regard to "favorites", and do not attempt to reconcile all the different preferences any particular guest may have.

A+/A/B/C Ranking System

A+ - Using FP+ here is the closest thing to a "no-brainer" at WDW. Temporary category only until waits for Anna and Elsa normalize.
A - Using FP+ here will usually save the most time as compared to the attraction's average standby wait.
B - Using FP+ here will usually save some time as compared to the attraction's average standby wait.
C - Using FP+ here will usually save little time as compared to the attraction's average standby wait.

Attractions listed within the same priority class are in alphabetical order and not meant to suggest priority within the class.

FastPass+ Attraction List With Suggested Priorities

MAGIC KINGDOM
A+- Meet Anna and Elsa with a Visiting Princess at Princess Fairytale Hall
A - Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
A - Enchanted Tales With Belle
A - Peter Pan's Flight
A - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
A - Space Mountain
A - Splash Mountain
B - Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
B - Festival of Fantasy Parade *Reserved Area (interior Hub across from Castle) Not available at 60 days prior
B - Haunted Mansion
B - Jungle Cruise
B - Main Street Electrical Parade *Reserved Area (interior Hub across from Castle) Not available at 60 days prior
B - Meet Ariel at her Grotto
B - Meet Cinderella and Rapunzel at Princess Fairytale Hall
B - Meet Mickey Mouse at Town Square Theater
B - Meet Tinker Bell at Town Square Theater
B - Pirates of the Caribbean
B - The Barnstormer
B - The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh
B - Tomorrowland Speedway
B - Under the Sea - Journey of the Little Mermaid
C - Dumbo the Flying Elephant
C - it's a small world
C - Mad Tea Party
C - Mickey's PhilharMagic
C - Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
C - The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
C - Wishes *Reserved Area (Rose Garden, off-center but uncrowded) Not available at 60 days prior

EPCOT (Tiering)
A - Soarin'
A - Test Track (Single Rider also available)
B - Maelstrom
B - Mission: Space
B - Spaceship Earth
B - Turtle Talk With Crush
C - Captain EO
C - IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth *Reserved Area (World Showcase Plaza)
C - Journey Into Imagination With Figment
C - Living with the Land
C - Meet Disney Pals at the Epcot Character Spot
C - The Seas with Nemo & Friends

HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS (Tiering)

Note: I'm going to defer to EasyWDW for Josh's opinion on relative priorities of the SWW Event FP+s. These are all Group 1 selections, and from reading his blog post I will infer all of them fit into my list either in the A or B priority groups, but mostly A. Here is his post: EasyWDW SWW Event FP+s (http://www.easywdw.com/news/star-wars-weekends-premier-theater-stage-shows-added-to-tier-1-fp-at-hollywood-studios/#more-13401)

A - Rock 'n' Roller Coaster (Single Rider also available)
A - Toy Story Midway Mania
A - Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
B - Star Tours
B - The Great Movie Ride
C - American Idol Experience
C - Beauty and the Beast - Live on Stage *Priority Access
C - Disney Junior - Live on Stage *Reserved Area (center-front section, poor viewing)
C - Fantasmic *Reserved Area (left-front section)
C - Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular *Priority Access
C - Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show
C - Muppet Vision 3D
C - Voyage of the Little Mermaid *Priority Access

ANIMAL KINGDOM
A - Expedition Everest (Single Rider also available)
A - Kali River Rapids
A - Kilimanjaro Safaris
B - DINOSAUR
B - Festival of the Lion King *Priority Access
B - Finding Nemo *Priority Access
B - Primeval Whirl
C - It's Tough to be a Bug
C - Meet Favorite Disney Pals at Adventurers Outpost

Parks With FP+ Tiering

In these parks (currently Epcot and Hollywood Studios), FP+ attractions are divided into two groups. Guests are able to make 1 selection from Group 1, and 2 selections from Group 2. This is ostensibly to spread crowds more evenly among all FP+ attractions. The list above uses the following scheme (applying to the attraction's name) to identify FP+ attractions in Group 1 and Group 2:

Attraction X - indicates a Group 1 attraction.
Attraction Y - indicates a Group 2 attraction.

Attractions With Scheduled Times

Reserved Area - Indicates an exclusive section for use by guests with FP+. This type of FP+ has moderate value in terms of saving time while securing preferred viewing.
Priority Access - Indicates guests with FP+ are allowed into the general show area before or at the same time (via a separate queue) as standby guests. This type of access has little value in terms of saving time or securing preferred viewing.

rjmdds
06-03-2014, 09:04 AM
Thanks. I found your last version very helpful and this one looks like it will be as well! Thanks for the effort.

yankeesfan123
06-04-2014, 12:15 AM
Just an FYI:

Some fireworks and parades ARE IN FACT available 60 days in advance.

I just booked MSEP and Wishes for the first week of August :)

mesaboy2
06-04-2014, 01:23 AM
Just an FYI:

Some fireworks and parades ARE IN FACT available 60 days in advance.

I just booked MSEP and Wishes for the first week of August :)

Congrats! Your situation up to now has been very rare. Those notations are meant to let everyone know that is not usually the case.

Melanie
06-04-2014, 06:47 AM
Thanks so much for posting and for keeping up to date! :thumbsup:

yankeesfan123
06-04-2014, 06:59 AM
I would assume it's based on time of year because I also was surprised to even see them listed.

BTW, Wishes FP was only available for 2 out of 6 nights. All others were booked up already.

steamboat willy
06-04-2014, 10:53 AM
First of all :welcome: to Intercot!
Second, Thank You for this very helpful list for our up coming trip!
Do any of you experienced FP+ travelers think we should FP+ the viewing area for Parades or continue to use the Accessible Areas for my DW's small wheelchair already available in the Magic Kingdom?

drosenbe
06-04-2014, 10:58 AM
How late are FP+ available for Fantasmic? I am thinking that a strategy would be to use 3 fast passes in the morning and then grab one for Fantasmic after that. Of course that would only work if there were ones left.

Any thoughts on if this is stupid idea?

yankeesfan123
06-04-2014, 01:49 PM
How late are FP+ available for Fantasmic? I am thinking that a strategy would be to use 3 fast passes in the morning and then grab one for Fantasmic after that. Of course that would only work if there were ones left.

Eeek... That sounds very risky. Maybe if there were two showings of fantasmic you'd be able to get a FP for the second one... Maaaybe

mesaboy2
06-04-2014, 10:20 PM

Eeek... That sounds very risky. Maybe if there were two showings of fantasmic you'd be able to get a FP for the second one... Maaaybe

Last Thursday, I had no trouble getting FP for the second Fantasmic at about 3:00p day-of. Of course it helped that the theater was only half-full.