PDA

View Full Version : A no-name bar cart in Hollywood Studios - Fact or Fiction?

k10
06-02-2014, 07:36 PM
Looking to see if we can substantiate this...

Heard from a fellow Disney-goer that there is a "pop-up" bar cart that sells huge cocktails, with an option for making it "a double", right outside the ABC Commissary/Sci-Fi Diner. Behind the American Idol Experience.

For all my visits & all my adult beverage purchases at HS, I have never, ever seen this bar. Have you??? The fellow Disney-goer who tuned me in is someone who is in the know about Disney, going 2ce a year and owning DVC. And I don't claim to be an expert on anything, but it just doesn't seem like I'd miss something like this.

mickeyman42
06-02-2014, 08:31 PM
I have never ever seen or heard of this and I consider myself very in the know for someone who also goes twice a year (but lives on the boards daily in between), does that make it not true? no, I guess not but I can't see it being true, it doesn't sound very Disney. plus Disney would never sell a huge cocktail to anyone.......they would sell you a very tiny one, for the price of a huge one! :marg:

VWL Mom
06-02-2014, 08:33 PM
It's been a while since I saw it but there was a full service bar outside of Sci-Fi a few years back. I remember getting cocktails while we were waiting for our ADR's. I don't remember it being oversized though.

EDIT: Just googled Sci-Fi pop up bar DHS and found an image with a link to DFB. It seems to be a holiday thing and I had the Merry Margarita with the glow in the dark ice cube that I still have.

LoveofEVERYTHINGDisney
06-03-2014, 05:11 AM
I saw a cart selling alcoholic drinks close to Sci-Fi when we were there two weeks ago. I didn't check it all out as it was about 2:00 in the afternoon & 92 degrees. The thought of having a cocktail made me want to :ack: Drinking alcohol + heat/humidity doesn't mix with me. Gosh - I'm getting old! lol!

k10
06-03-2014, 10:44 AM
Thanks for sharing, all! Good to know it exists during special occasions and that I'm not oblivious.

Crow
06-03-2014, 06:37 PM
I haven't seen it...Ill have to check next wk.