PDA

View Full Version : Let's play pick a percentage

Bruegge
06-02-2014, 12:27 PM
I was playing around with my FP's checking to see what other times were still available.

(I'm only 16 days out).

To my surprise...

It seems a lot of time slots were very open for big E ticket rides (exclude A&E, 7DMT) Mine train has 5 late time slots open.. but still open!!

So, my game is: What percentage of people arrive (Everybody, onsite, offsite or day visit) with no FP's booked and do it day of arrival or day before?

I guess 18%

steamboat willy
06-02-2014, 12:39 PM
Don't know % people that do this but I hope we can for days that we don't know which Park yet until days/night before?

yankeesfan123
06-02-2014, 01:50 PM
No idea. But I would bet the majority of regular (non-intercot community type) off site guests don't have a lot of, if any, knowledge off this system.

DisneyGiant
06-02-2014, 02:40 PM
I would guess higher than 18% - I'd venture to say its closer to half!

I still think its sooooooo weird to choose my fast pass times so early - but did it any way for fear we wouldn't get any the "day of"

It's going to be very interesting to view this new system up close & personal.

At the very least - it exposed Epcot & DHS as having very little attractions to pre-schedule. The only thing I wanted to Fast Pass at Epcot was TT & Soarin - and you can't do both. We may go to Epcot at opening wait on the Standby line & completely ignore our Spaceship Earth Fast Pass. My family thinks I'm nuts even scheduling one for that attraction! Had to do it - so all three would be used up in time for park hopping.......

Bruegge
06-02-2014, 03:50 PM

I still think its sooooooo weird to choose my fast pass times so early - but did it any way for fear we wouldn't get any the "day of"

At the very least - it exposed Epcot & DHS as having very little attractions to pre-schedule. The only thing I wanted to Fast Pass at Epcot was TT & Soarin - and you can't do both. We may go to Epcot at opening wait on the Standby line & completely ignore our Spaceship Earth Fast Pass. My family thinks I'm nuts even scheduling one for that attraction! Had to do it - so all three would be used up in time for park hopping.......

I picked 18-25% (25 got deleted somehow) because Disney is Advertising fastpass+ as this all new wonderful thing.... Heavily....People I've talked to know about it (not like we do)

But I'm not sure if they are doing anything with it (60 day early bookings).

Just over two weeks to go.. can't wait to see how it pans out.

MargaretMessler
06-02-2014, 06:56 PM
I'm gonna guess maybe 25% wait until they are there, and maybe 50% wait until closer than the original 60 day window.

I can't quite wrap my head around the idea of scheduling RIDES that far ahead. I can barely deal with needing to make dining ADRs up to 6 months out.

The way I see it, I will probably be a mixture. On days where we know for sure where we'll be at least part of the day, we'll schedule. Other than that we'll probably wait until closer to the trip, or after we've checked in.

RunDMV
06-02-2014, 08:30 PM

I think people dont really undertand the purpose of FP+. There is no set number of FPs availiable. They will use the FPs to manage crowds. Too many people on the north side of the park, open FPs on the west and south side. Over crowded in the MK, open FPs in Epcot. and so on.

yankeesfan123
06-02-2014, 11:06 PM
I think people dont really undertand the purpose of FP+. There is no set number of FPs availiable. They will use the FPs to manage crowds. Too many people on the north side of the park, open FPs on the west and south side. Over crowded in the MK, open FPs in Epcot. and so on.

But if they're in the MK, they can't book a 4th FP for Epcot...

That being said, I think that'll change soon. One step at a time

#1donaldfan
06-03-2014, 12:06 PM
No idea, but I am 17 days out !!!!:mickey:

joonyer
06-03-2014, 08:40 PM
I have no idea, either; and we may never know for sure. Disney is real good about keeping numbers like that secret.

DisneyGiant
06-04-2014, 01:28 PM

Interesting perspective. I don't really think about it from management point of view.

TheHD
06-05-2014, 11:19 PM
I picked 18-25% (25 got deleted somehow) because Disney is Advertising fastpass+ as this all new wonderful thing.... Heavily....People I've talked to know about it (not like we do)

Yeah, I was going to say the percentage is probably low because Disney does a good job of emailing and sending information in the mail on exactly the timeframe for selecting FP+. Those who've booked through Disney will and should be well aware of the FP+ system. Now whether they choose to pick those FP's at 60 days is another story. I don't see why not. At least pick them and if your plan changes, you're no worse off than having not-selected anything in the beginning because you wanted to wait and be "spontaneous".

yankeesfan123
06-05-2014, 11:33 PM
Interesting perspective. I don't really think about it from management point of view.

I think this is how it was explained at the very, very beginning.

Tomorrowland busy? Send people over there a text letting them know that they can get a free additional fast pass at the jungle cruise.

Cosmic Rays packed for lunch? Send people in that area a text letting them know they can get a free drink at Pecos Bills for the next hour.

They touted the "crowd management" as one of the major reasons for this change. With the long range RFID, they know where you are, who you're with, if you've eaten lunch yet, when your next FP is scheduled for, etc.

The possibilities are endless.

CaptSmee
06-08-2014, 10:34 AM
I was playing around with my FP's checking to see what other times were still available.

(I'm only 16 days out).

To my surprise...

It seems a lot of time slots were very open for big E ticket rides (exclude A&E, 7DMT) Mine train has 5 late time slots open.. but still open!!

So, my game is: What percentage of people arrive (Everybody, onsite, offsite or day visit) with no FP's booked and do it day of arrival or day before?

I guess 18%

We book outas soon as possible. I like securing rides on the e-ticket attractions. Could care less about the rest

DisneyGiant
06-10-2014, 01:21 PM
I think this is how it was explained at the very, very beginning.

Tomorrowland busy? Send people over there a text letting them know that they can get a free additional fast pass at the jungle cruise.

Cosmic Rays packed for lunch? Send people in that area a text letting them know they can get a free drink at Pecos Bills for the next hour.

They touted the "crowd management" as one of the major reasons for this change. With the long range RFID, they know where you are, who you're with, if you've eaten lunch yet, when your next FP is scheduled for, etc.

The possibilities are endless.

And I may welcome that type of prodding - maybe. If I'm paying attention to my phone.....

What I would HATE though - if if they tell me Pirates\whatever has no line - then I get there & its a 30 minute wait. That has literally happened to us while we've been on the line!!

yankeesfan123
06-10-2014, 01:46 PM
And I may welcome that type of prodding - maybe. If I'm paying attention to my phone.....

What I would HATE though - if if they tell me Pirates\whatever has no line - then I get there & its a 30 minute wait. That has literally happened to us while we've been on the line!!

That's always happened to me lol.

Sign says 20 minutes... It's never 20 minutes.

Sometimes 10, sometimes 40.

That's been an issue for years and years

ransam
09-03-2014, 04:20 AM
I do think over all the percentage is very high for people that do not have any FP planned.

texas211
09-03-2014, 09:30 AM
I keep waiting for the new FP+ Bathroom reservations system. Now you can book your stall at the time of your bm. You'll be all set.

I bet 30-40%. They are hitting the commercials hard, and anyone who goes, does a lot of research these days.