PDA

View Full Version : Out of State Handicap Sticker

honeybear
06-01-2014, 06:37 PM
Hello! I am going to be at Disney in August. I recently had some knee issues that will allow me to get a temporary Handicap tag for my car. As I was reading the information it said that some states may not allow for the tags. Do you know if Disney has denied use of out of state handicap tags? Thanks for any info. I now walk with a cane and hope I don't have to walk too far away!

Mickey'sGirl
06-01-2014, 07:10 PM
I know that my Mom's Canadian Parking pass was honoured all over Florida, without issue.

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-01-2014, 07:25 PM
Yep, not an issue at all at Disney!

The only thing I did find was that since our handicap passes don't hang from the rear-view mirror we had to point them out to the CM's a couple of time.

Once they saw it, we never had an issue at all.

TheDuckRocks
06-02-2014, 10:27 AM
We have driven in all the states from PA to Florida and have never had any issues with my handicap plaque being honored. In fact there are a number of states that law is you can use it in any parking space (other than those set aside for emergency use). For example all those "Parking For Carry-Out Only" or "For Our Customers Only" ones. You might want to check out which states do this.

honeybear
06-03-2014, 03:03 PM
Thanks, that is good to know. I ask because my friend took a trip to Baltimore in the fall and they told her even though she had the sticker, she needed a card from the DMV to be able to park in the Handicap parking. And she has a permanent sticker. I am happy to hear that there will be no issues at Disney. Thanks for the responses!

TheDuckRocks
06-04-2014, 07:54 AM
Honey bear, I am confused. What kind of sticker can you get that is not issued by the DMV? If it is not one of the blue ones, or sometimes red for temporary, that hang from the rear view mirror or the car license plates, what is it?

Mickey'sGirl
06-04-2014, 08:59 AM
Yes. My Mom's was a registered permit with a number and expiry date issued by the DMV. Are there other kinds?

honeybear
06-04-2014, 11:38 AM
We get our stickers via the Local Police Station. Not the DMV. So that may be the difference.

PETE FROM NYC
06-07-2014, 06:31 PM
Different locales may or may not have different regulations.
I like NJ because with a handicap tag, you do not have to feed the parking meters.
My tag was issued by NYC.
BTW, I have never had any issues whatever state I happened to be in.

honeybear
06-08-2014, 10:14 PM
Yes, i am outside NYC.