PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on whispering canyon cafe...

kerry827
06-01-2014, 12:40 PM
We just booked a dinner ressie here... Not 1 person in our 4 adult party has ever been. We like to try new places but don't want to make the trip to the lodge for nothing.... Any recent diners have review to share?

Thanks! :eat::eat:

faline
06-01-2014, 12:48 PM
We had lunch there last month on our arrival day. Service was good and the turkey sandwich I had was quite yummy.

kerry827
06-01-2014, 12:52 PM
Thank you! & thank you for your wonderful trip reports! I was glued to every detail !!

faline
06-01-2014, 01:36 PM
Thank you! & thank you for your wonderful trip reports! I was glued to every detail !!

Thank you for your kind words!!

wellsm
06-02-2014, 09:30 AM
Much of the big deal about this place is the experience.

The food is good too, but the experience is what is unique.

I won't spoil it for you - there are lots of reports, etc. which describe what happens here if you must know before you go.

It helps if you aren't uptight and are ready to play along. Would you describe all of the members in your party that way? Of course, I also saw the table next to us on our visit where they obviously did not realize what they were getting into. The server realized this and went easy on them.

The food as I remember it was pretty good. Portions are LARGE. We had had a big lunch, and the dinner was a bit much for me. Tasty skillets.

garymacd
06-03-2014, 01:28 PM
Doesn't matter what you have on your plate, ask for ketchup!

4disneynuts
06-03-2014, 02:21 PM
This is our girls favorite place to eat. We have always had dinner there our first night. We have also had lunch there and are going to have lunch there for our trip in November. It is well worth it. Great food and a lot of fun!!! You won't be sorry.