PDA

View Full Version : Movies Under the Stars

SunnyLee
05-31-2014, 12:33 PM
So I know of two locations where Disney hosts an area where guests can go to watch Disney movies each night of the week (Ft. Wilderness & Beach Club) ...but is that it? I haven't been able to find a list of resorts that has the Movies Under the Stars. I was wondering if anyone can point me where to look or give me a list? Also...where do they list the movies for Beach Club for the month? I see Ft. Wilderness' on here. Thank you!:mickey:

Melanie
05-31-2014, 12:49 PM
I think all the resorts have the nighttime movies, although the one at Ft. Wilderness is more of a production (campfire, smores, characters). The individual resorts basically just have a blow up screen that is assembled every evening and folks bring towels and snacks for themselves.

eandrsmom
05-31-2014, 12:53 PM
When we stayed at AoA in March, there was a blow up screen and sound system that they set up near the pool each night. They gave us the movie schedule for the week when we checked in at the resort.

faline
05-31-2014, 01:57 PM
I've seen screens set up at the Contemporary, Old Key West, Art of Animation, Beach/Yacht Club, and Wilderness Lodge. I think just about every resort now does this.

WDWdriver
05-31-2014, 03:22 PM
?...I haven't been able to find a list of resorts that has the Movies Under the Stars. I was wondering if anyone can point me where to look or give me a list? Also...where do they list the movies for Beach Club for the month? I see Ft. Wilderness' on here. Thank you!:mickey:

There is no consolidated posting of the many resort movie schedules. Most guests obtain the movie schedule for their resort stay at the front desk during check in, or they call their resort ahead of their arrival.

I post the Fort Wllderness campfire movie schedule here on the Intercot Camping board because the campfire is much more than a movie, and because it is of general interest to Intercotees. I can also access the movie schedules for the other resorts as needed. So you can PM me your Beach Club stay dates, and I will be happy to provide the movie titles to you.

MargaretMessler
05-31-2014, 04:14 PM
Pop Century and AoA had them last spring when I was there, and the all stars had them when I was there in the fall. Worth noting is that Pop's offering on any given night is different than AoA, I assume the same is true for the three all star resorts. You can always visit the neighboring resort for their movie in these cases.

LoveofEVERYTHINGDisney
06-01-2014, 06:56 AM
POFQ had movies every night when we were there two weeks ago. The two I remember were Frozen & The Fox & the Hound. They also offered unlimited toasted marshmallows (you do the toasting) in the courtyard prior to the assembling of the blow-up movie screen.

steamboat willy
06-01-2014, 10:24 AM
We catch a Movie and Pizza or Ice Cream or a :beer: everytime we stay at All Star Music. We've also watched a Movie at the Poly Beach last year. At ASMu you can even watch from the Pool without getting out.:cool: If the weather is forecasting rain, they show the Movie inside the Food Court in the back where the Big Screen TV is located. Can't wait until September.

faline
06-01-2014, 05:59 PM
I know they toast marshmallows over the fire at FW, but where do they toast them at the other resorts?

I saw them doing this at Wilderness Lodge when we were there last month.

MargaretMessler
06-01-2014, 07:01 PM
I know they toast marshmallows over the fire at FW, but where do they toast them at the other resorts?

Right on the beach at Poly.

Lizzie
06-01-2014, 07:44 PM
Do the moderates watch movies in the pool? Or just the values?

Melanie
06-01-2014, 07:48 PM
Do the moderates watch movies in the pool? Or just the values?

I know at Port Orleans Riverside, it's set up between two of the Mansion buildings, on the lawn. It wasn't near a pool.

honeybear
06-03-2014, 03:12 PM
WOW! This is new to me! I never knew they did this. I am staying at POP! Generally what time do they have this going on at the resort. It might be worth checking out with Baby Bear!

MargaretMessler
06-03-2014, 03:45 PM
WOW! This is new to me! I never knew they did this. I am staying at POP! Generally what time do they have this going on at the resort. It might be worth checking out with Baby Bear!

It may vary depending on season, but when we were there in September I think it was 8:30-8:45pm

honeybear
06-04-2014, 02:52 PM
It may vary depending on season, but when we were there in September I think it was 8:30-8:45pm

Oh that is perfect. Almost like Book then bed! Thanks so much.

MargaretMessler
06-04-2014, 03:30 PM
Oh that is perfect. Almost like Book then bed! Thanks so much.

No problem. I love all the exchange of guest info here on intercot. Like a "real person" version of how things work (or don't).

You commented about book, then bed. When we were there they also ran a bedtime story with Duffy the Bear nightly on one of the channels on the in room TV, depending on the age of your kids you might be interested if that's still going on

N2DisneyWorld
06-12-2014, 08:46 PM
I found the movie list on my MDE app when we were at the resort & trying to decide if we wanted to go and watch the movie playing.

honeybear
06-14-2014, 03:44 AM
No problem. I love all the exchange of guest info here on intercot. Like a "real person" version of how things work (or don't).

You commented about book, then bed. When we were there they also ran a bedtime story with Duffy the Bear nightly on one of the channels on the in room TV, depending on the age of your kids you might be interested if that's still going on

Awwww! How cute! She is tiny tot so I think it will hold her interest. Thanks!

honeybear
06-14-2014, 03:45 AM
I found the movie list on my MDE app when we were at the resort & trying to decide if we wanted to go and watch the movie playing.

Good to know!