PDA

View Full Version : Closest/most convenient grocery store

MargaretMessler
05-30-2014, 04:21 PM
I was thinking of stopping to pick up maybe a case of water and a stash of some healthier snacks on our way to WDW from the airport. What is the closest and/or easiest one to get to?

We will have a rental car, and are more than likely staying at Pop. (If not, the All Star Resorts.)

PETE FROM NYC
05-30-2014, 06:54 PM
On 192, do not turn into WDW. Go past about 2 miles, there is a Publix on your right side. We stay in a 1 BR so we do some of our own cooking, breakfast mostly.
That store has anything and everything you may want, including liquor.

CanadianWDWFan
05-31-2014, 10:49 AM
Gooding's is just outside DTD at the intersection of SR-535 and Hotel Plaza Blvd. The prices are a bit more expensive than other stores but for location it can't be beat.

steamboat willy
05-31-2014, 11:54 AM
There are also a Hess Stations (across for Boardwalk Resort) that has provisions including case of H2O and Beer. The actual grocery store that's probably closest is right across from the entrance to DTD off SR 535 as CWDW Fan mentioned.
Never been to the Publix. Good to know.
Enjoy Your Trip!

Main Street Jim
06-01-2014, 03:39 PM
Walmart at the intersection of SR 535 and Osceola Parkway. About your cheapest option. Publix is a little more expensive; and the Gooding's at Crossroads? I won't ever shop there again, due to the high prices.

From the airport, take SR 417 south (toward WDW). Get off at the EPCOT/SR 536/SR 535 exit. When you exit, you'll be on SR 536; then, turn left onto SR 535. Go south about oh, a mile or two, and you'll see Walmart on your right.

Then, when you're done at Wally World, hop on Osceola Parkway west (small toll, I think like 75 cents?), go about four miles to Victory Way (just past I-4. Turn right, go up about a half a mile, and Pop will be on your right :)

CanadianWDWFan
06-01-2014, 03:52 PM
Walmart at the intersection of SR 535 and Osceola Parkway. About your cheapest option. Publix is a little more expensive; and the Gooding's at Crossroads? I won't ever shop there again, due to the high prices...
Thanks Jim!:thumbsup: I forgot exactly where that Walmart was so I couldn't post where to go. :blush: I hear you about Gooding's but if you want convenience it really is in a great location.

Melanie
06-01-2014, 05:20 PM
And I'd go to Publix no matter how far out of the way it is (which it really isn't). I miss Publix!!!!

MargaretMessler
06-01-2014, 07:07 PM
Walmart at the intersection of SR 535 and Osceola Parkway. About your cheapest option. Publix is a little more expensive; and the Gooding's at Crossroads? I won't ever shop there again, due to the high prices.

From the airport, take SR 417 south (toward WDW). Get off at the EPCOT/SR 536/SR 535 exit. When you exit, you'll be on SR 536; then, turn left onto SR 535. Go south about oh, a mile or two, and you'll see Walmart on your right.

Then, when you're done at Wally World, hop on Osceola Parkway west (small toll, I think like 75 cents?), go about four miles to Victory Way (just past I-4. Turn right, go up about a half a mile, and Pop will be on your right :)

Thank you so much for the super directions! That's perfect!

Main Street Jim
06-01-2014, 09:05 PM
Thanks Jim!:thumbsup: I forgot exactly where that Walmart was so I couldn't post where to go. :blush: I hear you about Gooding's but if you want convenience it really is in a great location.Yeah, but for staying at Pop (at the other end of property), it's not really that "convenient". You'd have to come up through Buena Vista Drive, Downtown Disney traffic, and Hotel Plaza Blvd.

There *is* a Publix at the intersection of International Drive South and U.S. 192.

To get to *that* store coming from the airport:

SR 417 south to EPCOT/SR 536/SR 535 exit. Turn left on to SR 535 south, then the next right on to International Drive South. Follow I-drive south to just before you get to US 192; Publix is on the left, just across from a Walgreen's.

To get back to Pop from this store: go back north on I-drive South, then left on to Osceola Parkway (at Gaylord Palms Resort). Take Osceola Parkway west to Victory Way; turn right, then up a ways will be Pop.

TheVBs
06-02-2014, 12:21 PM
We stopped at Publix before checking into AoA. Worked out really well! Great store.

magicofdisney
06-02-2014, 12:40 PM
Publix is the Wegmans of the South, especially if you get one with a huge GreenWise (organic) section. Almost without exception, Publix has much love in the South. The stores are super clean and customer service is outstanding, in my experience. You won't necessarily find the lowest prices but their BOGOs can make up for it at times. Unlike many grocers, you don't need a frequent shopper card to get the sale prices.

Melanie
06-02-2014, 12:42 PM
You won't necessarily find the lowest prices but their BOGOs can make up for it at times. Unlike many grocers, you don't need a frequent shopper card to get the sale prices.

Absolutely and I meant to mention that before. The prices really aren't that bad and the BOGOs are awesome!

MargaretMessler
06-02-2014, 07:08 PM
Looks like I'll be bookmarking this post and we'll be making a stop at Publix along the way from MCO. Thanks all!

mickeyman42
06-02-2014, 08:40 PM
we always stop at the Publix at Orange Lake, great store, and literally just around the corner from our AKL. we love going to Publix, love the cheap US prices, come to Canada (well Newfoundland at least), you'll never complain about Publix prices again!

CaptSmee
06-08-2014, 10:38 AM
We usually stop at Walgreen's They are all over tthe place near WDW

honeybear
06-08-2014, 10:28 PM

Safe keeping for me

Tearin_it_up
02-05-2015, 10:23 PM
Just go to google maps and type in "walmart near walt disney world" it'll show you all your options and then click on one to give directions:thumbsup: