PDA

View Full Version : Large Group Logististics-Future Planning

PirateLover
05-30-2014, 09:36 AM
So our next trip is going to have to wait a little bit. As it stands now, it's looking like Oct. 2015. I know this is far away, and things could change, but it looks like we have the potential to be traveling with a very large group of people. DH and I are known as "The Disney People" and everyone always says that they want to vacation with us, and it looks like that's finally going to happen. If everyone who is interested attends, we would have up to 11 adults and 3 children. 4 of the other adults are our family, and the other 5 are friends.

Before the advent of MDE and FastPass+ I wouldn't really sweat it, but all this linking of reservations stuff has me nervous. We all want to stay at the same resort and do many rides together, but there's NO WAY we will all be staying together for the entirety of the trip. People are going to want to split off, I'm sure some of use will be willing to pay more money for nicer dinners, and so on. So how does all this work with FastPass+? DH and I only used it once in January and we had some struggles linking with our SIL and BIL- but once we did, we spent the rest of the vacation together on rides and at ADRs. Is it possible to split and still be linked in some way? I just want to get a handle on this so I can start bracing myself, since I know I will end up in charge by default. :cool:

ginger19
05-30-2014, 01:49 PM
We just did this in February and it was fine. You can all have the same Fast Pass + reservations or different ones in completely different parks. We had no issues at all being in different parks :mickey:

minnie04
05-30-2014, 02:08 PM
Just remember you can't always please everyone. So don’t get upset (or care) when people don’t like the same things you and your DH love, that being said do your best play it by ear. If you all end up together for at least a few meals/rides consider yourself lucky. I have always traveled in large groups and it can be very frustrating trying to get everyone on the same page. Before you settle on any plans have a get together and have everyone that is going come over. This way you explain everything ONCE (or twice) and no worries later. I know it's far away, but planning something so big takes a lot of time and energy. I would also suggest doing this once EVERYONE who is going is BOOKED!! This way you have a head count and everyone should have their bands by the time you do the get together. You can probably sync the bands then too. This way people can kind of pick what they really want to ride, eat and parks they want to go to (first, second etc.) It’s a lot of fun once things start to come together, so take a deep breath and enjoy the process. You will have a great time regardless….:twocents:

PirateLover
05-30-2014, 05:39 PM
Ginger 19- thanks for your response! Glad to know we can mix and match.

Minnie04- great advice. This is why I wanted to make sure we'd be able to separate. I don't mind handling the booking if they want and would love to do a few group rides and such, but I know we will have separate interests, especially since some in the group will be first timers with kids. My family will be the easy part.