View Full Version : Have 4 1-day park hopper passes for 2 people - ?'s on linking

Gregandmel
05-29-2014, 10:42 AM
I won 4 1-day park hopper passes at an auction so my husband and I are taking a trip at the end of September for a few days. We haven't been to Disney since 2010 and I've been keeping up with all the changes on MDE, Magic Bands, FP+, etc..

I logged on to MDE to start linking everything (we are staying at POFQ). Here's my question on linking tickets (Our plan is to visit the parks for 2 days each. Essentially using up all 4 of the 1 day passes)

* I've registered all 4 tickets just fine. However - I'm not in my 60 day window just yet to reserve the FP's so not sure what it's going to look like when I get ready.

* Would I just attach the first two tickets (for our first day) to a certain DAY while we are there (ie: Sunday), and then attach the second two tickets (for the second day - ie: Monday).

Is that how this would work? Attaching specific tickets to a specific day for the FP's and then just making sure that THOSE tickets are the ones we use for the specific day? I don't want to wait until my 60 day window opens up and then run into all sorts of confusion. ha ha

Thanks for anyone that can help!!:mickey:

mechanic
05-29-2014, 04:10 PM
It looks like tickets are linked to people not days. I have old tickets and had to assign them to specific people

Gregandmel
06-03-2014, 08:48 AM
Guess I'm still not clear how the Magic Band will "know" which FP's are linked to which 1 day park hopper pass and therefore, which FP's are linked to that ticket.

My confusion is that there are 2 1-day park hopper passes attached to each band but I will be making FP's and attaching them to specific cards so want to make sure the band is smart enough to know which is which. I may just have to call to make sure I'm clear on it.

cuteduck223
06-04-2014, 09:01 AM
my understanding is that it doesnt matter--as long as both tickets are linked to the same person. All the data is there. I just did this for our trip in 14 days (we had 2 comp tickets to use for someone in our group-the rest of us are AP) and it let me book 2 days worth of FP, when I went to book a 3rd day, just to see how it worked, it told me the fastpass allotment for the tickets linked had been reached. So, I imagine, as long as that info is stored, once one ticket is activated, you'll get those "allotments" and the fast passes arent actually linked to a ticket but to a bank of how many you are allowed based on what is in your account.

Im not sure that makes sense, but i hope it does. I'll let you know when we get back if we had any problems (unless someone wiser comes along before then) :thumbsup:

Gregandmel
06-04-2014, 01:28 PM
Thanks for the response. I ended up calling the help desk at Disney and they basically said what you just did - so it's nice to hear consistent information. :mickey: She told me I was over-thinking things - ha ha. But since we haven't been since 2010 and I haven't seen how the MDE works on-line - I was sort of blindly trying to figure out how it would work but sounds like it will all be ok! Thanks for the response!!